worst and best shows you've attended

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Bad show: a heckler pissed off Los Lonely Boys and they left the stage early. Ticket holders got a ticket to another show.
I have a vague recollection that you may've mentioned that somewhere here. I would've had to heckle the heckler if he was getting under their skin. I love me some LLB...good ol' Texican rock n' roll.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I have a vague recollection that you may've mentioned that somewhere here. I would've had to heckle the heckler if he was getting under their skin. I love me some LLB...good ol' Texican rock n' roll.
Yeah, I did report it here.

They came out and did a blazing blues instrumental for the intro. Then did a few of their hits (How Far is Heaven, etc.). Then took a little breather and just talking to the audience. Some woman yelled something like "shut up and sing". They had her ejected. I think they tried 1 or 2 more songs but the magic was gone and they just walked off (way early). Everyone in the audience was like "what the hell just happened?" The venue gave everyone a ticket to another show so I got Asleep at the Wheel.

I do have to say I thought it was very unprofessional. They could have asked if anyone else had complaints and offer to give them a refund. I'm sure the audience would have overwhelmingly rallied to their side.

Last edited:

Mickey Duane

Used To Be A Rock Star
way too many to list

but in the 70's foghat opened for rod stewart at the swing auditorium in san Bernardino

foghat smoked a great set

then rod stewart came on and after about 3 or songs got seriously booed off the stage

so 1/2 hour later foghat came back on and jamed for 2 more hours

I am not picking on rod stewart

just saying he had a rather bad night

LOL

my best times in music in the 70's was opening up shows for the likes of

ZZ Top
America
Three Dog Night

playing at the whiskey in Los Angeles

and many other adventures that I'd rather not say do to the dislike of Jail and such

LOL

Peace

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
Agree with Mickey Duane...way too many to list.

If I had to choose one, the best would be, without a doubt, The Allman Brothers Band. Seen them several times and also have seen Gregg Allman solo a few times here in STL.

Worst?? Can't think of too many BAD shows that I have attended. Lucky I guess...