Will this be the right course for me ?

LesK

Blues Newbie
yes Les...I am in the same boat...I think I am just gonna get it as we only go around once...man don't take a chance man don't get a chance
Happy New YEAR
Happy new year to you too. I am enjoying it far better than the BGU course.
I am more motovated because this isnt geared to playing with others.
The only thing I can say is get the dvds, I didnt because of the tax man here in England ( they hammered me with BGU) I only got the digital version. The dvds are far better quality .
Plus it gave me the excuse to tell the wife I needed a good acoustic. so my christmas pressy to myself was a GS mini :)

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Happy new year to you too. I am enjoying it far better than the BGU course.
I am more motovated because this isnt geared to playing with others.
The only thing I can say is get the dvds, I didnt because of the tax man here in England ( they hammered me with BGU) I only got the digital version. The dvds are far better quality .
Plus it gave me the excuse to tell the wife I needed a good acoustic. so my christmas pressy to myself was a GS mini :)

i take it that your talking about ABGU that your liking now, there's no doubt about it that is a great course and the solos are a joy to play. I reckon you'll be diving in to "Down to the Station" soon. Everybody's favourite.

ps
are you a Wires fan per chance, I'm a pie eater.

HotLks

Blues - it's in me and it's got to come out.
Who's eating pie and playing with wires? What do these terms mean?

See you down the road! :thumbup:

LesK

Blues Newbie
Who's eating pie and playing with wires? What do these terms mean?

See you down the road! :thumbup:
Pie eaters are a joke name for people from Wigan, and the Wires are my (Warrington) local rugby team. Wigan and Warrington are rivals
Sorry Thatman I dont follow rugby, but my grandson does and is a Wires season ticket holder.
I am on "Down to the Station " at the moment
My main problem is that I dont remember the notes I have to follow the tab or score
I practice the first 4 bars and can play them back. then start on the next 4 , by the time I have got them I have forgotten the first 4.
So I expect to be on this for a long time

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
I used to take my kids to Central Park when they were young too but that was 25 years or so ago, blimey doesn't time fly.

Yes Down to the Station does take a lot of time for it to soak in and I was exactly as you say, but it does come, with time. Have fun and looking forward to hearing it if your into recording. :)