Who or What?

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Who was the Artist or what was the sound that made you decide you had to try and play guitar, early on I really dug Steve Marriott on Humble Pie's "Smokin," album "Thirty Days in The Hole" was a favorite, but I think it was when a friend turned me on to CSN&Y that really did it particularly Neil Young and Steve Stills contributions on "4 Way Street"

Boysie

Just for fun
Who was the Artist or what was the sound that made you decide you had to try and play guitar, early on I really dug Steve Marriott on Humble Pie's "Smokin," album "Thirty Days in The Hole" was a favorite, but I think it was when a friend turned me on to CSN&Y that really did it particularly Neil Young and Steve Stills contributions on "4 Way Street"
One of my favourite albums also my favourite csny album. Coincidently it was one of the records that was stolen. I had to buy it again and I still have it.

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Had already started messing around with acoustic guitar, but Neil Young's After The Gold Rush is what really got me interested in trying to get serious. Was not playing electric at that point. Frank Marino of Mahogany Rush is what got me interested in electric guitar. First time I heard Land of a 1000 Nights my mind was blown!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I really liked the 60's British Invasion groups, so any of those probably got me interested. The first solo I was inspired to learn was from this song. This is worth it just for the dance moves in the background.

https://youtu.be/L-yaT6fWTP4
Ahhh, Johnny Rivers.
I've got a few of his albums hanging on my studio wall.
Back in those days, we'd hear a song on the radio, then go to the Record Store:eek: to buy the 45 single.
My buddy and I listened to Johnny Rivers "Memphis" so many times, I was almost positive the needle had worn it down to the point that we could hear the B side:ROFLMAO:

Jack

Blues Junior
Smokin' that wacky tobaccy and listening to Led Zeppelin's double-live album over and over and over. Funny how much time I spent thinking about taking up bass instead of guitar, because I knew guitar would be really hard.

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Hank and Duane Eddy for me. Although I remember watching Bert 'tune a day' Weedon on British TV and thinking "that doesn't look too hard". How wrong I was :love:

artyman

Fareham UK
Hank and Duane Eddy for me. Although I remember watching Bert 'tune a day' Weedon on British TV and thinking "that doesn't look too hard". How wrong I was :love:
I had a copy of Bert Weedon's "Play In A Day" probably could have had a claim under the Trades Description Act, he was a good guitarist though and released his version of Apache before The Shadows, tough theirs is really the definitive version.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
'Need Your Love So Bad' by Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac. My eldest brother had their greatest hits album and I used to play the living daylights out of it when he was out.:D