Where Is Justice (an original)

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Wow! Very nice, CaptainMoto. Dig the song and the message. You have a real knack for writing songs that have an ethereal sound with a modern message. Another good one!

Elwood

Blues
Very nice Moto! The bass sounds real fine, all your instrument levels are great to my ear. Somehow, just a smidge of increased definition on the vocal, maybe I just listen again later.
You have a cool guitar melody that runs under the vocal melody in the verse, love that! Your voice is almost stretched in the range, (I thinkin like Neil Young - nothin bad), that works with this tune very well.

"Preview";) huh? :Beer:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Very nice Moto! The bass sounds real fine, all your instrument levels are great to my ear. Somehow, just a smidge of increased definition on the vocal, maybe I just listen again later.
You have a cool guitar melody that runs under the vocal melody in the verse, love that! Your voice is almost stretched in the range, (I thinkin like Neil Young - nothin bad), that works with this tune very well.

"Preview";) huh? :Beer:
Thanks Elwood,
I was hesitant to offer up any self criticism until I got some listener feedback.
There are a few things I'd like to tweak a bit but, the vocal is one glaring opportunity that I recognized pretty early on.
I plan to head back to the studio today to see if I can clean that up.
Oh, how I wish I had a good voice!

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Oh, how I wish I had a good voice!
You are your only critic I think you did a great vocal on it.. Good job. Reminded me of back when I got sent to prison (1 to 7) for knocking out the windows of a sheriff car (1961)--now you can burn down Federal courthouses, burn police cars and small business' -commit armed robbery -rape-and sell drugs be arrested several times and still be able to walk the streets. I just don't know anymore. OH WELL.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
You are your only critic I think you did a great vocal on it.. Good job. Reminded me of back when I got sent to prison (1 to 7) for knocking out the windows of a sheriff car (1961)--now you can burn down Federal courthouses, burn police cars and small business' -commit armed robbery -rape-and sell drugs be arrested several times and still be able to walk the streets. I just don't know anymore. OH WELL.
1 - 7 for window smashing?
Too bad it wasn't a serious crime, you could have gotten a pardon.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Too bad it wasn't a serious crime, you could have gotten a pardon.
You very funny man Moto.:LOL: Being the nice guy I am ---I only had to do 17 months. Add that to the fact I was only 17 yrs. old and they held the trial date 2 weeks after I turned 18 and tried me as a adult. Got to love the justice system especially if your thilthy rich.

Elwood

Blues
I don't know Moto, I have both versions side by side and the look more different than they sound different to me. I listen to 1 and then 2 and I'm not really sure what changes I am hearing. This is like trying to pick your favorite Pepsodent twin.
They both sound great and if you were to present them as a blind A/B test I bet most would have a hard time deciding which one was recorded first.
That's pretty good!

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Honestly, I thought the first rendition was great, and I didn't see the need for tweaking. Not sure that I can tell a big difference, but it seems as if you lowered the reverb a bit. Anyway, I might be just hearing things. Been into the Scotch quite heavily today! Either way, that is a killer song that you should be very proud of!

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I hear a slight difference--I think the 2nd one is a little better than the 1st---but it is a great song---like the feel to it and the message-
The 2nd one seemed to be clearer but again I only got about 50% or less in my left ear. But the bottom line is "if it ain't broke-don't fix it"
I like the new MOTO voice---you are stepping it up and getting comfortable taking it to a higher level..
Also I watched them peak bars The 1st one was pretty much level---the second one raised
in areas when you went in to the high gear voice.. I THINK:rolleyes: JMOP

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks boys,
I thought the vocal on the first cut was a little muddy so, I worked with EQ to clean that up some.
Also did a little re-balance of some of the other tracks, tried to keep them from stepping on each other with some volume adjustments and compression.
Re-recorded just one phrase "your currency is you vote" ......on the original, that phrase wasn't clear to me.
Brought the main vocals up just about 1db and the backing vocals down the same amount.
Last bit was.....dropped the instrument volume in the last verse so the final chorus sounded bigger in comparison.

I do appreciate taking the time to provide some input.
I think this one is done.:unsure: