Where are you?

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
LP, you have given a lot of good advice on this forum but the advice on playing even for a few minutes may be the most important that you have given. :)

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Right on LP!  Just pick it up for a couple of minutes here and there adds up!  Plus it gets you by resistance if you're having a lesson that is giving you grief.  Sometimes those ones can make you dread playing.  At that time, screw that lesson, just pick up the guitar for a couple of minutes and play something else.  Nice!  :cool:

SunnyOne

Blues Newbie
...right now i'm doing the guitar method with Will Schmid and learning more notes and stuff...then i'll come back to BBG...keeps me excited about learning.

This guitar method has CD's too that you play slow then fast. Already played Ode to Joy, Blues, Rockin' Robin, Yankee Doodle, and Surf Rock. I really enjoy picking the notes out.

G

Garymcm

Michael
LP's right on with that. Just pick up the 6 string any time you get a chance, even if its only to have a strum or play a scale or a bit of a noodle. I have two kids, 8 & 6, run my own business, Junior development manager for field hocky in the SW of WA, school board member, play hocky and rugby union (now its winter) amoung other things and sometimes the only chance I get to pick up my guitar is the 5 minutes while waiting for my kids to pack their bags before I take them to school. apart from keepin your fingers nimble and those calluses firm, it really keeps me motivated for the times when I can just lock the door on the spare room and play (usually monday and tuedsay nights when my wife watches crap TV and the kids are in bed).
I'm onto Solo 3 and those triplets, which I am slowly starting to get to sound reasonable, although the Gospel blues is something I practice every chance I get, but am having troubles with getting those chords into my left hand, but it's too cool a song to stop trying. Also working on some aussie songs to sound good.
The main thing is to have fun and look out for the challenges. I found if your not challenged you dont progress - if you do the same things over and over again, you'll always sound like you always sounded.
Time to get back to practice (actually work its only 11.30am here).
Cheers
Gary

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Currently working on Solo 4 - Slow Blues in G.  I've got in my my car USB stick auto repeat to drive it into my brain.  Have fingered the first 12 bars.  Griff's advice about listening and humming along is spot on.  It's a lot easier to play it right if you're hearing it correctly in your head!  :cool:

M

Murr

Working on Muddy "A" Blues. Coming along good, thanks to Riffmaster Pro. Just broke my "B" sting  on my electric. :mad: Oh well, good time to try out my Ernie Ball "Slinky" strings. :) Elixir strings after the Ernie Ball strings. OOOOHHHH Yah! Maybe I sound break these one quickly???? :D

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Working on Muddy "A" Blues. Coming along good, thanks to Riffmaster Pro. Just broke my "B" sting  on my electric. :mad: Oh well, good time to try out my Ernie Ball "Slinky" strings. :)

Oooo - is that the Super or Regular Slinky??  :cool: (can't resist some gear talk!)

M

Murr

Working on Muddy "A" Blues. Coming along good, thanks to Riffmaster Pro. Just broke my "B" sting  on my electric. :mad: Oh well, good time to try out my Ernie Ball "Slinky" strings. :)

Oooo - is that the Super or Regular Slinky??  :cool: (can't resist some gear talk!)
Just regular

G

Garymcm

I'd pay money to see that duo LP.
Like I paid to see a band that supported Paul Kelly and the Dots in Sydney in 1981.
the bands name was Free Beer. I hadn't heard of Paul Kelly then, but as attracted to the sign that said
"Free Beer here tonight". This was before there were any laws regarding misleading advertising. Pub as packed though and it was the first time I saw PK. Was $1 for a schooner so the beer was nearly free compared to nowdays.
Cheers
Gary

M

MandyC

Just regular
I've some Hybrid Slinkys - heavy on the bass, light on the treble :cool: