Where are you?

wgabree

Blues Newbie
I have finished and recorded all of BBG.

I have finished and recorded up to the first solo of BGU.

Working on solo 2 (got it roughed in last night, practicing it a few more sessions before recording it).

:cool:

(all of my recordings can be accessed via the links in my forum signature)
I can't acces any of them.

LP

Do you get an error code? What happens?

Ray_UK

Blues Newbie
They all load up & play OK for me Wayne... maybe it was a temporary internet glitch thing [ if I may use technical terms  ;) ]

bob

Blues Newbie
ON AND OFF WITH BGU
UP TO SOLO 2
every now and then i go back to earlier lessons to keep my hand in

I work between BGU and another course i got my hands
like to work between the two to keep things fresh
works for me

B

b0b_b4rk3r

Hi LittleBoo......I'm working through BGU......up to Lesson 12 Jazzy Shuffle Blues (those chords are tying my fingers in knots) and kinda working through Solo#1 so's I'll have it down when I get there I hope.

Got a couple of non-BGU things I'm looking at too.....not other courses.....just songs I'd like to learn....put some of this theory into practice..... ;)

Bob

M

Micheal

Hello friends,  I got my courses yesterday and took a few minutes to say....THIS COURSE IS GREAT as you all have said ;D  I know an old goat like myself will learn from this course.  I had an other course that the instructor play fast, I got the feeling he just wanted to show how good he was.  Griff really takes the time to show, speak and play at a speed these old ears can understand.  Your friend  Micheal

L

Lame_Pinky

Wayne I do not get an error code just Interner Explorer cannot open/find the webpage with the diagnose connection problem thing.

LP

ps good for you Micheal keep us up to date with how you're going.

SunnyOne

Blues Newbie
I've always been able to access Wayne's stuff, but there's another member whose work I cannot for some reason. I'll just keep trying, prob. something I am doing, or not doing.

L

Lame_Pinky

I'm thinking it may be settings or the firewall...or stupid Vista being, well stupid Vista !

LP

L

Lame_Pinky

Sorry Russ but I missing the point of the link there ?   :-/

LP

L

Lame_Pinky

I spent over an hour yesteday on solo # 1 & then did a bit of Mary's Little Giraffe then a bit of Walking Blues & a lot of noise making in between !

LP

RALKITE

Blues Newbie
In between structure erecting in our back yard this Easter.

I battled the chords in Brown eyed possum.

Still enjoy sitting easy blues to relax with, but now seem to accidentally use full chords every now and then.

working up to looking at the Barre chord page.

M

Micheal

Just got these lessons and now I feel like I am the only one using the beginning blues forum.  I am slow so I am only on the second song.  I am getting faster ;D

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Micheal you are not alone. There are a few of us with BBG. I started the course in December (very limited as I had just had an operation on my right shoulder so could not do much). It is April and I am only starting Muddy "A" Blues. Having said that I have picked up a lot from the kind people on the forum. So as well as the course I am learning Barre Chords, various ways to strum, a couple of songs I like. It all comes and then you hit the wall and don't seem to be getting better. Then  you move on again. :)

kgarkie

Been living the blues.
everytime i see that subject line I want to answer, "at home."

Good answer. 

I bought both but I got BBG for one of the 3 potential guitar players in my inherited family.  My stepson, his daughter who's a bass player or her cousin who wants to play but has 100 other irons in the fire like acting etc. Whichever one seems to be the most interested will be getting it.   I'm on lesson 7 of BGU.  I try to practice daily but that doesn't always work out.   :cool: [smiley=beer.gif]  It's time for a brew and some food. 

M

Micheal

been a week since I got the course, working on it each day, these old hands are starting to feel it and I may be a picker someday I will not give up :D

M

Micheal

luckylarry, thanks for the info I was beginning to feel I was all alone  ;D

I

IrishRover

Micheal, you are definitely not alone.  I'm still living in BBG land and with the weather getting nice I think I'll be here awhile.  Getting to be my 'scattered' season.  Too many things to do outside so I kinda loose interest in practicing in favor of other pursuits.  I'm in the middle of some remodeling, have to put a couple of gardens in and have a shed to build.  And then there's the Blues Festival coming up.  Sometimes I feel like I have ADD. :eek:

L

Lame_Pinky

When you " hit the wall " or have other things to do & not a lot of time to sit & practice it might be a good idea to grab a little at a time.Every now & then when you have a couple of minutes just pick up & play for that time.Acouple minutes here 5 minutes there & you'll be surprised to find that you probably end up with 30 minutes of practice for the day.

LP