When I was a little boy/bedtime stories (original)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
---just think ---CCR---or Leadbelly----COTTON FIELDS"

C---When I was a little boy----mommy use to tell me bedtime stories---when I was a little boy

V1---Little Bo peep lost her sheep---the big bad wolf ate lamb chops everynite for over 2 weeks
When I was a little boy

V-2--She told me about Tinker Bell and Pinochio---every morning I'd wake up and measure my nose
When I was a little boy.

C---when I was a little boy---mommy use to tell me bedtime stories---when I was a little boy

V--3 She told me all about Danger Stranger---I knew she was talking about Mr. Hanson our next door neighbor
He give me marsh mellow Easter eggs every Halloween

V---4 She told about some old woman that got her feelings hurt
when the preacher wouldn't let her drink wine in church
When I was a little boy

C---when I was a little boy mommy use to tell me bedtime stories---when I was a little boy

V---5 Then one night she told me about a different situation---how the Mr. Big robbed daddy at the filling station-
and he robbed mommy when she went to get me my frosted flakes.

C-When I was a little boy----mommy use to tell me bedtime stories when I was a little boy.

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Thanks Papa; I have never heard S.V.s song but will give it a listen.
I am glad you didn't take no offense to my next door neighbor, it just seemed to be the right last name for the place in time. It was the 1st name that popped into my head.
I do have 4 or 5 more verses and will put a beat to the whole thing, and do a UNCUT version here in a few days. (or maybe weeks).

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Looks like you've made a slight change to the lyrics!
(y)
I think that was a good move.
I like it much better now.
(y)(y)(y)