What's the Deal With Behringer?

jmin

Student Of The Blues
I think a Behringer is a great (cheap - $25) way to try out different types of pedals to see if it's close to the sound effect your looking for. Having no experience with pedals, I bought one of the Behringer TS808(?) pedals to try out, and it works fine. I can't speak to it's durability because I don't really use it much - and I don't play out anywhere to give it a "road test" - but it fit the bill perfectly for me!

Last edited:

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
I think the TS808 is a great pedal and yes I have that as well but as stated it's plastic.

dan5150

Shredding the Blues
I have had a few of these. My biggest complaint was more around noise then durability. Has anyone on this forum actually broken one?

Also, based on his video, I ordered the fuzz pedal. I like Josh and don't want him to be sad.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I have had a few of these. My biggest complaint was more around noise then durability. Has anyone on this forum actually broken one?

Also, based on his video, I ordered the fuzz pedal. I like Josh and don't want him to be sad.

I have the reverb/

I have had the reverb/delay pedal on my board for several years now. Although it is plastic, it is pretty thick and tough plastic. I can't imagine stomping on it hard enough for it to actually break.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Interesting vid! Thanks for posting. Makes me think I might want to grab a couple of those just to play around with them.

I've got a TO800, and it's a pretty good little pedal. It seems to be well built (for plastic), and it will definitely give you that TS sound. However, as one that seems to be collecting TS/TS-type pedals, it's definitely not my go-to. My biggest complaint is that, out of the 10 or so of that type of pedal, its setup is not really like the others. All of the others, when setting it for the first time, it's a TS-type so I can set the G/T/L at 9/12/2 o'clock, and they're all going to sound pretty much like I want them. A very slight tweak from there, and I'm usually golden (at least for what I'm doing tucked away in my music room). The TO800, however, to get to sound that same way, if I start it at the 9/12/2 o'clock spots, I can't just tweak it. I have to start monkeying with it, and it usually ends up around 7/2/5 (drop the gain and crank the level) if I remember correctly.

I think much of my complaint about it boils down to this. To get the volume level to that point of turning on the pedal and the volume remains at a consistent level (I think I've seen it called unity), I have to set the level higher than I think I should. To get it to boost (even a slight boost), I feel like I have to really crank it. I don't have to do that with my others. Maybe mine was a Monday morning pedal since it does that, I don't know. It'll definitely get that TS sound, but I feel like I have to work to get it. None of my other 10 or so TS/TS-type pedals make me feel that way.

All that said, for the 20 or so bones I laid out for it, it delivers in spades. Like I said, seeing the vid makes me think that I need to pick up a couple of the other ones (that super fuzz if I can find one, the chorus, and I really liked the reverb). For the price, I don't know that you can beat them.