What's next?

EricGreenspan

Blues Newbie
Hi guys. I'm a first time poster and excited to connect with all of you. I completed Griff's Blues Guitar Unleashed course, which was incredibly well put together and helpful. In the interest of continuing my guitar journey, I would like to tackle either CAGED Unleashed or Classic Rock Guitar Unleashed, but I'm not sure which to do next. Can't wait for your responses!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi guys. I'm a first time poster and excited to connect with all of you. I completed Griff's Blues Guitar Unleashed course, which was incredibly well put together and helpful. In the interest of continuing my guitar journey, I would like to tackle either CAGED Unleashed or Classic Rock Guitar Unleashed, but I'm not sure which to do next. Can't wait for your responses!

Welcome tot he Forum!
You clearly are a committed & focused individual. with all my side journeys it took me about two years to finish BGU.

First, since you seem to be liking what Griff is providing, let me suggest that instead of buying another course, you should join his subscription based service "All Access Pass". For the price of a couple of courses, you will gain streaming access to ALL of his courses, PLUS 6 live sessions per month on Technique, Gear and Theory, plus every 60 days you'll get a "Golden Ticket" that you can use to buy any of the courses that you really want to have in hand at home.
Check this out for all the details:
https://bluesguitarunleashed.com/all-access-details/

As to which course to do next, well, that's a hard one because it really depends on where you are, and where you want to go.
I personally haven't used CAGED much beyond knowing about the movable chord shapes.
If you are really looking to get into more Classic Rock than Blues, then clearly Classic Rock Guitar Unleashed (CGRU) is the way to go.
If on the other hand you want to stick with the blues and are not really comfortable soloing yet, Soloing Without Scales (SWS) worked wonders for me.
If you are somewhat comfortable with soloing then you might want to kick it up a notch with Slow Blues Supplement (SBS) (Don't let the "Slow" fool you. it's one of the harder courses) or Pentatonic Scales and Technique Mastery (PTSM)
If you are more into acoustic then Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed (ABGU) is the way to go.
Beyond these, there are loads of other courses that focus on specific things like:
-Theory
- Building your own solos
- Rhythm playing (80-90% of what all guitarists do)
-Slide Guitar
-Griff's new Counting course (still in progress, but available NOW under the All Access Pass)

And many many more.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Welcome to the forum, amigo! Take a look around and join in the fun.

Mike said everything you need to see. That AAP would be a good opportunity for you to test drive several courses and see for yourself which one you might want to go through or if you'd rather just skip around for a while and learn a variety of things.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Welcome to the fun! :Beer:

Another vote for the AAP. Low initial buy-in while you can sample literally everything and find what you like most.

mountain man

Still got the Blues!
Welcome to the forum Eric! Good to have you with us! :thumbup:

I would probably look at Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed next.......... :Beer:

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Hi Eric, welcome to the Clan.
I am in line with everyone who suggested that Mike told you all you need to know for today.
I also endorse the All Access Pass. It will pay for itself. The Golden Ticket every 60 days (every 60 days after using the previous ticket, you can't hoard them) is worth the price of admission and being able to access any course at any time is priceless.
The forum too is priceless. Visit here often.
-ed

EricGreenspan

Blues Newbie
Mike - Thank you for the informative reply, and thanks to everyone for chiming in. The guitar is an endless journey with many forks in the road, so the guidance is much appreciated.