What a great Saturday night!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I had a gig Saturday night at a local Wine bar. The place was packed and since I do an all request show, everyone had a great time. My show ended at 11 and I knew a friend (Mark Sena) that had a gig a couple of streets over that ended at 12:30, so I packed up and headed over to catch the end of his show.
After a couple of songs he mentioned that I was in the audience and he asked me to come up and sit in with the band for a song or two (he sat down).
Well, his band mate / guitar player was Texas Slim. Now I don't really know if he is a big name outside of this area, but he really ought to be. Between playing with Texas Slim and Mark's Drummer Jimmy Morgan and bass player Bill Cornish, that is one heck of a band.
I did Red house and Hoochie Coochie Man. All I can say is it is SOOOO much fun playing with great players...

Sitting In With Texas Slim.jpg

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Sounds like a great night! Having fun playing music; don't get much better than that!

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
But there's still that deer in the headlights reaction. He asked what key? My mind went blank.

That reminds me of one time when I played with Griff, he was tuning his guitar and I think he said "Give me an A". A? Where's that? :eek:

That really sounds like a great night, Mike. :thumbup: