Well, COVID 19

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I am sharing this, because, well, I know many are scared about it, or many have heard from someone who heard from someone who heard something bad.........so for many of you that know me, this is first hand

Well, I tested positive. Our company, we took 5 of us from corporate, one reports to the corporate office as we need someone there. One in OC/LA works from home, one works from home in San Diego, I work in the field in OC/LA and my counterpart in San Diego.

I have known since the beginning, it was a game of one step ahead of the devil, that eventually I would miss a step and it would catch me. Problem is, with so many companies shut down, I have 150 employees and their families to be concerned about, and an obligation to them, being a small business, we dont have 10 million in reserve to weather the storm.

I was exposed on Monday the 20th, barely any exposure. Visited a store, we all wear masks, I didnt touch a phone or a computer. The infected employee we brushed by each other a few times, but, not much contact really. I saw this manager again on Tuesday the 21st to hand her a pizza for 30 seconds.

She had trouble breathing (for the record, she is an anxious person anyways) and went to the hospital to be checked, got positive results Wednesday, at that point we quarantined the entire crew, had the store professionally cleaned and put in a substitute crew.

Friday night I developed a migraine and some body stiffness. Saturday morning I woke up and my joints felt inflamed and a migraine, took some ibuprofen. It was like the day after a car accident for reference. The issue is I have arthritis and rotator cuff issues, and am used to the feeling. The worst was in areas I have developed arhritis

I should also add, I have dealt with what most would consider severe shoulder pain for years, I use mostly meditation therapy and natural anti inflamation recipes for it. Someone who isn't used to that feeling, it could be a scary pain if you dont know what it is. This is why you dont see my Les Paul at jams anymore, I cant wear it for more than 10 minutes.

I am the worst person to ask what a pain level is, as honestly, I don't feel pain like normal people, it seems I have a very high threshold for it. Having stitches without anything to numb it, is about a 3 out of 10 to me (yeah, I have done that), the joint inflamation from this was about a 4. For my wife, it would probably be a 7

I took ibuprofen 3x200 mg tablets in the morning, 3 more at night. Woke up still a little sore on Sunday and took ibuprofen again. Monday morning most of the stiff feeling was gone and by today just a little nasal congestion.

It doesnt mean there isnt still worse to come, but, if it follows normal progression, I should feel fine by Saturday. I dont want to discount anyone elses experience or concerns, and as they say YMMV.

I personally only drink alcohol about 5 times a year, I dont smoke anything, I barely take medications ever. I eat some kind of fruit with every meal and 100mg protein a day, and at least two glasses of some kind of juice daily............................so, if you discount the shoulder problems, and nerve damage in my hand, I am a very healthy middle aged guy.

I only share this, so, if another fairly healthy person gets a positive test result, stop and breathe, and relax for a moment. I have talked multiple employees off the cliff who panicked immediately, then 3 days later were begging to come back to work. Follow your doctors advice. My in-laws had it 2 months ago, other than being tired, they also sailed right through it, and they are in their 80's with lousy health. Another friend was on his butt in bed for 4 days. Just like the regular flu, we all have a slightly different reaction

If I didnt know about this whole thing, I would have assumed I had a mild case of the flu and hit the gatorade and theraflu

Today, I plan to be right back playing guitar since I am off work for 2 weeks, and my joint swelling has gone down, maybe take a look at the new strumming course.....................Overall, everyone stay safe and healthy and hopefully we will be back to jams happening again

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Glad you are doing so well Mark and hope you recover quickly and completely!
truthfully, my concern on this is less than 1 %, I wont be stupid, but not overly concerned..............I am more worried about getting my legato licks smoother

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Not worried about it at all, I just want people to know with all the hysteria out there, that for a lot of us, if we didnt know about it, we would never know we had it, the worst part has been the joint swelling. My associates that tested positive (young uns) are already back to normal life

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Hey Mark...so sorry you got this bug...thankfully you do not have a severe case. Hope your course continues to improve without incident. Best to you. Keep us posted brother.

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Thanks for sharing that Mark,
So sorry to hear this is but yet, It's an encouraging story and a positive hopeful attitude.

I know your more worried about others than yourself but please do as you say, and follow Dr orders.

None of us knows if/when we might be next, and hearing your recap is good reminder that we're all vulnerable but, it is survivable.

Take care and don't lick your legato.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I just noticed this. I'm glad it's been relatively uneventful for you! Hang in there, I'm looking forward to meeting up again when we get past this madness.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Mark, I hoi[e your symptoms remain mild. Hang in there brother.
Keep us informed.

Mickey Duane

Used To Be A Rock Star
I am glad that you are feeling better and did not have too bad of a case.

After a stroke and heart failure a couple if years ago my immune system is not up to par as well as my wife's health - which isn't good

I take all precautions and barely go out only for necessities

I wish everyone well

Be safe

Peace

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
I am glad that you are feeling better and did not have too bad of a case.

After a stroke and heart failure a couple if years ago my immune system is not up to par as well as my wife's health - which isn't good

I take all precautions and barely go out only for necessities

I wish everyone well

Be safe

Peace

I can say, other than some injuries, I have been truly blessed with overall good health. When I hit my 50's I started taking precautions to stack the deck on that too with better eating.

So far, the worst lingering effect seems to be the migraine , yeah, I am kinda treating it like a science experiment, and a little tiredness that comes and goes.