we played a new venue this week

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Our band tried a new venue this week, a little out of the way, but they have a large stage and a sound man and PA so setup was easy.
The place was called "Spirits Music Hall" so I figured it was referring to the distilled kind of spirits, so it was a bit of a surprise to see the decor :)
Their beer selection sucked but they have a great mixologist and the band gets free drinks!
We had a decent crowd for a snowy Wednesday night, and we're already plotting to get back in the fall as part of a double-bill.

1677954140857.png

1677954234764.png
1677954283178.png

We've also started playing a few originals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqDd5RERPSo

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Cool stage! Did you get to pick the M&M colors in the green room as part of your contract? :cool:

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
No, all they had was pizza and cheap beer :)

We're playing at Nissi's on the 15th, one of the premium venues in the area (at least when it comes to our kind of bands) and I heard their green room makes you feel like you're a real rock star.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
We need to up our game for social media recording, the camera for YouTube is OK but it keep squashing the sound and doesn't have much low end.
I'm looking for ways to record Live sound to overdub the videos.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
We need to up our game for social media recording, the camera for YouTube is OK but it keep squashing the sound and doesn't have much low end.
I'm looking for ways to record Live sound to overdub the videos.

Zoom q2n? Records music pretty well the video options include 1080 up to 4k.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
@TwoNotesSolo what is the instrument the guy in the blue plaid shirt is wearing? A tenor guitar? Looks like it's 4 strings, but you clearly have the bass nailed down.