Wayne's Lessons 30-31

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Playing on the porch - nice stuff!  I'm doing it without any backing track to get full effect of playing without anything but the guitar.

Epiphone '56 Les Paul Goldtop (P90 single coil pickups)
Both pickup, volumes at 4 & tones at 10
Ernie Ball Reqular Slinkys (10s)
Picked with fingers and thumb
Recorded with UX1/POD Farm "After Midnight" preset

[media]http://waynegabree.com/bgu/lessons-30-31.mp3[/media]

after-midnight.jpg

Thanks for listening!
:cool:

That does it for BGU proper - onto the Bonus Material!

[smiley=beer.gif]

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
Cool Wayne, I have jumped to this from 4 for a break and to work on timing! Sounds good.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Nice job Wayne. I may just have to take a run at this one. it sounds like fun.

wgabree

Blues Newbie
I highly recommend it as a rut buster.  I played it at about the demonstrated tempo, but you can speed it up a bit and have more fun!  :cool:

And here's a shinning example of how far you can go with just you and the guitar:

http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1283005534/0#0

(I posted this in the lounge - but it's right on topic here as well)

Spencer

Blues Newbie
Congrats Wayne, I've really enjoyed all you've brought to the forum! Way to finish strong. Time to get to listening to some bonus stuff.

gpower

Blues Junior
Great, as usual Wayne! I'd crank the bass on that preset back to around 3 o'clock, to get rid of the muddiness on the strum part.

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Good playing Wayne.  I worked on that lesson quite a bit several months ago & it was fun, educational, & a nice change of pace.  I'll record it on my acoustic eventually.

E

Emilio

Love it Wayne,

This is great call an responce stuff, and I really do love some of these licks

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Nice, clean, and staccato! Diggin that dirty warm tone lots. I'll be looking over this piece after I'm done learning the Mary Had a Little Lamb -Buddy Guy piece someone graciously gave me the TAB for.

Strick

Blues Newbie
Hi Wayne,

I'm in the market for the Line 6 UX1.  Was it easy to set up and use?  I'm trying to learn how to record and my Guitar Center suggested what you are using.  Got any pros or cons?
Thanks.  BTW, your riffs sounded flawless to me.  I'm having fun with this lesson. 

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
The UX1 and UX2 are really easy to use. Almost pug and play (you have to install the software and it want to install without the device connected, then at some point in the process the software telly you that it is time to connect the UX1 (or UX2).
Once you've got the software and hardware installed, it simply a matter of plugging in your mic or guitar and playing. You should hear your music through your PC's speakers.
When it's time to record, you may have to tell Audacity to use the UX2 in the preferences section.