Wayne's Lesson 29

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Nice little chord melody solo - don't skip this one!

Epiphone '56 Les Paul Goldtop (P90 single coil pickups)
Both pickup, volumes at 5 & tones at 10
Ernie Ball Reqular Slinkys (10s)
Picked with fingers and thumb
Recorded with UX1/POD Farm "After Midnight" preset

[media]http://waynegabree.com/bgu/lesson-29.mp3[/media]

after-midnight.jpg

Thanks for listening!
:cool:

samwell

been here.....
Thanks for posting Wayne, Nice & so very smooth, I enjoyed (more than a few times already) & got a feelin' I'll be back listening often! Mellow..... [smiley=beer.gif]

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
Enjoyed that one immensely when I first listened to Dave's recording and I thoroughly enjoyed your recording as well.  Maybe I shouldn't have listened as I'm now tempted to spend the rest of the day fooling around with it when I'm supposed to be practicing Solo 5.  Thanks for posting it Wayne.

JohnF

Blues Junior
Hey Wayne. Listen to Mick Taylor in the 2nd half of the Sympathy For the Devil solo on Get Yer Ya Yas Out. I believe he knows this lesson. By the way, very smooth.

wgabree

Blues Newbie
Hey Wayne. Listen to Mick Taylor in the 2nd half of the Sympathy For the Devil solo on Get Yer Ya Yas Out. I believe he knows this lesson. By the way, very smooth.
Oh yeah baby!  Playing that song at my 30th High School Reunion Aug 6th  :cool:

JohnF

Blues Junior
Our band plays it and we get female volunteers to help us with the ooh,ooh part. We usually do the studio version but last time I went into the Ya Ya's solo. Keith's solo isn't bad but after Mick's chord solo part it really takes off. I don't have all that solo but what a blast. Crowds go crazy over that song.