wanna dance?

Elwood

Blues
Maybe channel George Benson, Robert Cray, or a Jobim melody. I'm stuck.

I sent it to my kid along with some other stuff. His comment about my loops stuff? He says it sounds like "I'm two bass clarinets short of a magic band".

Poor kid, questionable upbringing, can anyone guess what he refers to? Growing up, at times he heard the immortal line "she got somethin for me, she got somethin for you, she's Ella ga who?

Lloyd might know.

I still think this could be fun.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
"I'm two bass clarinets short of a magic band".

How old is your kid? That's a pretty obscure reference for anyone under 50!
Sounds like a reference to Captain Beefheart and his Magic Band. I think he had two bass clarinet players on his Trout Mask Replica album.
That's the only rock band I've ever heard with two bass clarinets.
Although there weren't two bass clarinets when they covered this Willie Dixon and Bo Diddley tune.
https://youtu.be/yXXFj5wzLFA

Elwood

Blues
I'm dyin!!! Trout Mask Replica! Ella Garu (sp - lazy). I figured you could do it!!!

He not that old. He got some Ella Garu, whilst knockin the 'lil jockeys off the rich peoples lawns. Stones, Chicago today collection, it's my life baby, even the Elvin Bishop way to get through a tune. When he was a "serious" student of music (young and he was) he was mortified to go with me to a Stones IMAX. Now, he can swap lines from "Dear Abbey" with me. I asked him in on this too, he is limited to mind and voice recorder on a cheap ph.

A springtime, celebration in song, missing the song. now, why isn't there a head to this tune. Jimmy Buffet? Belafonte?

Daylight comin mon.

Last edited:

Elwood

Blues
YES!!! coming up on a minute or so you make start thinking about old late night, sitting in the corner, so-so band but sweet guitar player. Stuff kinda like "black magic woman" solo. Right!

Still needs a head. I might try to chart it out, get the time, and turn it off entirely. lay another idea out, and then listen to 'em together. (like I can do that right).

Nice!!!

Elwood

Blues
I never been mean to you and now you go and break my brain...jus kiddin.

What a crackup. Now I feel like a kid again. So, what to do with it?