Viewing lesson Videos

JohnJ

Blues Newbie
I am an all access pass member and when I download a course and go to view a lesson that I have downloaded the course navigation panel does not show up like it does when I stream the same course from the online catalog. I have been using VLC as my preferred video player and tried a couple of other players with the same results. Is this normal?

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Is this normal?

Yes.

Your download will be an mp4 or wmv file.

You will navigate with your video players' controls, which may or may not have the same functionality you enjoy when streaming using the navigation panel in the members area.

AAP members can still only download lessons that they actually own, so this will be the same for everybody.

I use an "old" version of VLC that simply lets me play the video. Newer versions have looping and other features. (So I hear.:unsure:)

For "looping" mp3's (licks, solos and PlayAlongs) I use "The Amazing Slow Downer" which allows me to do everything I want to do.

Last edited:

JohnJ

Blues Newbie
Thanks Paleo for verifying that the navigation panel does not show up on the downloaded lessons. Occasionally I am in an area where an internet connection is not available and I like to continue with my lessons in offline mode. The navigation panel is not a necessity just a convenience. I am running the latest VLC version and the looping function works flawlessly. It also has a slow down function but it only has two setting. I use video surgeon for slowing down my videos. Thanks again.