video speed issue

CharlesPendrell

Handsome Charlie
Hello,
When playing along with lesson videos I can speed the play up however when I attemp to slow them down to .75 the audio becomes very choppy. Any help is appreciated.

Charlie

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I assume that you are talking about streaming the course?
I just tried streaming and I haven't had that experience. Even at 50% it's smooth. He sounds drunk LOL, but the video is smooth.
Could you be having bandwidth issues at your end? (Though I don't know why slowing it down would cause that.)
If you own the course, you could always try downloading the video and running it locally.

CharlesPendrell

Handsome Charlie
I assume that you are talking about streaming the course?
I just tried streaming and I haven't had that experience. Even at 50% it's smooth. He sounds drunk LOL, but the video is smooth.
Could you be having bandwidth issues at your end? (Though I don't know why slowing it down would cause that.)
If you own the course, you could always try downloading the video and running it locally.

Mike
Thank for yourquickresponse. I am able to preform the function on my iPad however in our studio we have a Samsung smart TV. Is it an issue with using a smart TV? I am Old School can you direct me to a link that can walk me through the download process for individual video segments?

Again thank you for any help,

Charlie

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Is it an issue with using a smart TV?
Since you mention your tv, I'd suspect that's probably it. I haven't actually streamed any of the lessons to mine...I've got a big monitor in my music room that I use with my laptop. That said, I know that my tv does some weird things when I use the native apps installed on it. For instance, Amazon, when streaming using the app on the tv, gets really pixelated. If I run it through my xbox and use the Amazon app on that instead, it's fine.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
If you purchased the course (not AAP), you should be able to right click it (on a PC.. don't know about Mac) and select "Save Video As".
Remember, that it will only work on courses that you own. Purchases outright or AAP Golden Ticket.
Straight AAP is streaming only.