Version of “I’m so Lonesome I Could Cry” by Bill Frisell

Bogney

Blues Newbie
So, I am relatively new here, and am still learning what is what. This is my first post. I have been playing since I retired and will have been at it a year in September, so I am very much a beginner - playing some of the blues songs on the beginning blues course (they are pretty cool), the first set of riffs on the speed buildings blocks, and the chords on the first few chapters of BGU (somehow started playing barre chords about three months ago). Counting is tough as are certain chord changes, and theory is a blur, but I am practicing diligently. Getting to the point. I saw Bill Frisell in concert, and he was amazing, so I started listening and found his version of I’m So Lonesome I could Cry on Spotify, which is stunningly beautiful to my ear, and very bluesy sounding. At some point, I would love to see that version broken down (both parts) - or something like it for one guitar. I want to play it before I die (a decade or two away I hope). No hurry because I need to up my game, but more advanced players might enjoy it. If this suggestion doesn’t belong here, my apologies.