USING IT?

MinorT

Got My Mojo Working???
So are you you using the tool, if so how is it working for you and why do you use it? Just curious, I use it it when I want a structured lesson.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I'm a very sporadic user of it. I'll use it for a month or two and then go months without using it again. I like going back to it when I'm trying to focus on something specific or actually work through a book rather than just a lesson here or there. At the moment, I think the last time I used it was back during the summer, but I decided over the weekend that I need to enter some lessons in it and use it again for a while.

The big reason I use it is for the timer. I know I could set a timer on my phone (or steal the one off the refrigerator for a few minutes), but there's something about using the lesson timer in the practice tool that tells my brain that it's time to focus and work on something specific. When I do use it, I usually setup a practice schedule to do 15 minutes of warmup from either PSTM or BBSB then 30 minutes of lesson.

Thinking about it, kind of like you, I guess I pull it out and use it when I feel like I need a little structure in my practice.

Monty

Blues Newbie
I just completed my first ten day schedule. I did four 15 minute sessions a day for ten days. I have to say that I believe it was helpful for me, though some of it was tedious. I’ll be making another schedule tomorrow and starting again this coming week. I find the timer helpful, but what is the most helpful is that I’m am practicing the same thing every day. With out it i get off track easily and while I may practice the same amount of time, it’s often a bit of this and a bit of that... when I do that I don’t seem to notice much improvement.

MinorT

Got My Mojo Working???
I just completed my first ten day schedule. I did four 15 minute sessions a day for ten days. I have to say that I believe it was helpful for me, though some of it was tedious. I’ll be making another schedule tomorrow and starting again this coming week. I find the timer helpful, but what is the most helpful is that I’m am practicing the same thing every day. With out it i get off track easily and while I may practice the same amount of time, it’s often a bit of this and a bit of that... when I do that I don’t seem to notice much improvement.
I’ve been better since the first of the year and went back and customized my schedules to make it a little less “tedious”. You are 100% right, when I use the schedules I practice one thing at a time and it has been beneficial. Thanks for the post.