US compared to Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Hockey is more like soccer than our other American sports. I find it impossible to watch on TV, it is too fast and I can't even see the puck.

Norfolk Bill

norfolk uk, just knoodling along
Just watched Judah Friedlander stand up show called,,,Americaa is the greatest country in the united states,,on netflix.,,,brilliant and theres your answer :)

Last edited:

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
We learned a lot from the Brit's from the start of our nation. How to hate comes to mind. Hate anyone who is not of the “correct religion”, slavery, racial intolerance, and a good number of socially correct attitudes. Then after becoming “free”, England progresses, and we regress. How dare you ruin the institution of slavery! You need slave labor to meet the needs of society, and allow a few to own many souls. How dare you provide free health care to everyone!

The basic premise of this country comes from the Protestant Ethic, “Every Dog For Himself”! First those terrible Irish Catholics came here in great numbers around 1845, and created hospitals which provided free medical care for the poor or anyone else for that matter. There was such an uproar as everyone knows only those who can afford medical care should have it. All others should do without. It is in the Bible, and any of the 33,000 Protestant denominations in this country can tell you that.

You see, God is on our side, and without Medical Insurance Companies, where would we be? It has been proposed that we provide medical care for all who live in our country. That will not happen. If it did, and they in fact dissolved medical insurance companies, then many of our medical doctors (who own and run such institutions) would have to find another line of work,. Like caring for patients!

Well, to be honest, Europe and the United States have much in common. No one is perfect, and one tends to appreciate and condone that which goes on in our respective countries. At the same time we may tend to criticize each other for whatever supposed fault we can imagine. In the end we are all members of our respective families, and trying to survive, with whatever system we are a part of. It is certainly more enjoyable to embrace each other and our differences, while realizing we are in fact much alike. It is so much better to help others than to hurt them. :)

Tom

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
We have the perfect health care system. We pay about 30% more for health care than other nations, have a higher mortality rate (due to doctors screwing up, etc.), have shorter lifespans, and in many cases receive inferior care, along with about 29 million “Americans” receiving no care at all as they do not have medical insurance. Just do not get sick or injured and you will be better off.

CVS (a large pharmacy in this country) is interested in purchasing Aetna Insurance, a health care provider. They are negotiating with pharmaceutical companies to lower their prices, so they can keep more money as profit and not pass along the savings to customers. That is the “American Way”!

CVS charged me $144 a month for my medication. Then I went to Costco, and they charge me less than $18 for three months for the same medication. So please go to CVS. They have your interest at heart. :eek::cry:

You do not need health care until you need it. :(

Tom

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
It's hard to drink my morning coffee and bite my tongue at the same time. Let's move on.
Tommy,

There's a "block" button - and I use it - so all I see lately is a conversation about hockey. Which, while off topic from blues guitar, doesn't seem to be a major source of contention - grass vs. ice, notwithstanding! :)

If people want to debate politics, religion, or whatever - it's up to Griff whether he allows that discussion here. The good news is it's up to each of us as to whether we want to "hear" it.

Kevin

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
OK. I know this is The Lounge, but this thread has outlived its useful purpose (if it had one in the first place). I'm still not sure how we took a left turn from hockey to healthcare, but it's time to put this one to rest.
The Master lock is being applied! Bolt cutters will not be effective.
Thanks for playing along!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Imagine how the NHL goalies feel. :eek:

I Went with my son to a practice facility that had a "Puck shooter" one day, and I had him shoot pucks at over 100 mph at me. (When they hit me) I barely felt it on my leg pads, but I was never fast enough to actually move to stop one. Back in the day (mid 70's my chest protector was nothing more than a 1/2" felt pad. I went home from games with bruises every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.