Trying to run the DVDs from a MAC Book Pro

murmeister

Blues Newbie
Good afternoon ..
I Have tried using the DVDs from two of BGUs course ( Acoustic and Strumming ..) each one would not run on my Mac Book Pro. I also tried on windows using microsofts media player. In both cases the DVD did not play .. It only worked with VLC. Can anyone else share their experiences. Especially with the MAC

SHarpo

Blues Newbie
Hi Murray… I share your pain, but unfortunately we still live in a Windows dominated world. Like you I use VLC… I grab the whole video folder and drag it on to the open VLC icon… it works for me.
I also use, sometimes, a video converter software package for Mac called Turbo.264HD by elgato to make an iTunes friendly version for my iPad. It’s not much help but it’s something.

PS... After reading Don's comments I went back and checked my System Preferences and sure enough the play DVD switch was set to none... once I selected DVD player and rebooted everything worked as it should... go figure.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Hi Murray,

I've just tried both of the courses ABGU and S&RM DVDs in my Mac Book Pro and they both work. Using DVD Player and the properties info of the App is App Version: 5500.48.2.

It is unusual that two courses both refuse to play but if they can play at all, on other platforms, then it seems to be a software thing and not a DVD thing.

I think my DVD player came with the DVD drive that you buy separately, but to be honest I can't remember where it appeared from.

brooklynblues

Blues Newbie
Good afternoon ..
I Have tried using the DVDs from two of BGUs course ( Acoustic and Strumming ..) each one would not run on my Mac Book Pro. I also tried on windows using microsofts media player. In both cases the DVD did not play .. It only worked with VLC. Can anyone else share their experiences. Especially with the MAC

I just bought the Acoustic DVDs and they work fine on my imac. Running the lastest software 10.9 (I think that is it).

When I put the DVD in the DVD player recognizes it. If you have apple care trying calling them to see if its the DVD?

Sorry I can't be of more help but they do work on macs.

Steve