try to look for the humor

giayank

Just another day in paradise
As many of you know from my past posts my wife is seriously ill . She is once again in the hospital . Went to ER last night . A new developement in our lives is that my wife and I are now the legal guardians of our eleven yr old Grandaughter . So when I went to the hospital last night I had our grandaughter with be as i was following along behind the ambulance to the ER. when we got there and started walking into  the hospital to check on my wife a very kind hearted security guard saw how badly I looked and he sent a wheelchair out to help the poor old guy . This eleven yr old has not stopped laughing yet . When life gives you lemons cut them in half and squirt the juice at some wise ass kid for me . haha just kidding I'm having a pretty good laugh myself .

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Sorry about your wife Giayank.  I hope all turns out well.  Remember that Joni Mitchell lyric "you know laughing and crying they're same release"?  Well, I say laugh when you're able.  Take care and avoid 11 yr old's if you can!

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Sorry to hear she is still suffering.  Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

And yes humor is what helps us keep our sanity in times of despair.

Keep smiling.  :) :) :)

Kevin

L

LynnLaFrance

Definitely thoughts and prayers going out to you Giayank.  Godspeed for a fast recovery.

sloslunas

NM Blues
So sorry to hear this news. I just lit a candle for both of you. I am hoping for a speedy recovery. As well, you need to take good care of yourself...

Steve

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
Last year I went with my son back to Boston to see the doctors about doing a hip replacement on his hip that they removed the grapefruit sized tumor and used the Proton Beam Radiation on.  It also melted his femur, so they had to do a hip replacement a year after the resection.  I have arthritis in my hip so one of the nurses came in and was asking me questions.  The doctor had to tell her, "Here's the patient", and pointed at my son.  Everybody thought it was real funny, except me!

"Against the assault of laughter, NOTHING can stand!"  Mark Twain

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Got my fingers crossed that all will come good for you all and I'm sure all these good vibes for you will help.  :)

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Best wishes to you and your family.  Keeping a positive attitude and seeing the humor in things like you do is the best medicine.

giayank

Just another day in paradise
Thanks for all the wonderful support . It truly means the world to us .Just a quick update . Wife is responding quickly to meds and with a few more days treatment home . I'm on vacation this week so timing is good and bad . I'm at hospital all day but I'm home with Granddaughter at night . So while the cats away this mouse has been playing as much blues as he can . ;)