Tribute to Chuck

Elio

Student Of The Blues
Well, this was interesting. Our band does this and I learned the solo note for note months ago. That may not be evident here. After 6 or seven takes I was feeling pretty good. LOL:Beer::rolleyes::D

https://youtu.be/OUR4L_tIXBo

Nice, you got the right idea playing the rhythm up to the solo. I swear I could smell the whiskey as I was listening to that! My mistake was having a glass of beer alongside for mine.

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
Nice, you got the right idea playing the rhythm up to the solo. I swear I could smell the whiskey as I was listening to that! My mistake was having a glass of beer alongside for mine.
The way they counted the song in was horrendous. I had to wait awhile to jump in. :rolleyes:

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
So far we have

Mike S solo
Elio solo
Tommy T rhythm and solo.

I'l try to get some vocals and maybe some slide for variety, down. We have plenty of room for vocals, rhythm, lead , BASS, harmonica, bongos, kazooo, , really anything you want to do. It would be nice to see some short testimonials. Maybe a brief story of a memory of Chuck.

If it doesn't fit in the format of the song, we are going to do an outtakes version at the end, so everyone will be included, Hopefully we'll see some humorous submissions for the outtakes.

For those who have submitted so far, thank you all. If you would like to do a separate video with another part, or a redo, please do. We will be collecting until at least the end of May and will let everyone know before we start compiling.

I would encourage everyone to submit something, there is still plenty of time, and please don't even think about whether you think it's good enough. That's not what it's about. Chuck had a great sense of humor, so let's have some fun with this, while we honor him.

@sloslunas I fixed my voice mail so you need to pony up. Maybe include the boyz in your video.

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Thank you Crossroads. I opened those links and had to resize the window I opened them in, and 'poof' a 'Download' button appears!!!!!! I gently pushed the window back again and the button disappears to be replaced by three dots. I had an 'aha' moment!! I put the cursor on these dots, and lo and behold a speech bubble appears with the word 'more' in it. I then had the good sense (and quick thinking) to click said 3 dots and a dropdown menu appears with direct download as one of the options. Apparently those three little dots mean there are hidden icons on the menu bar.:whistle: I know.........., I know............, one word.............DOH!!!!:confused:

Thanks for the gee up anyway. I'm not even sure if I'll be able to get anything recorded in time as I'm heading on hols next week for 18 days, and my music room is currently in turmoil, but I'll take the backing track with me and see if I can come up with something. Even if I can't make a contribution, I wish you all the best with the tribute.(y)

sloslunas

NM Blues
So far we have

Mike S solo
Elio solo
Tommy T rhythm and solo.

I'l try to get some vocals and maybe some slide for variety, down. We have plenty of room for vocals, rhythm, lead , BASS, harmonica, bongos, kazooo, , really anything you want to do. It would be nice to see some short testimonials. Maybe a brief story of a memory of Chuck.

If it doesn't fit in the format of the song, we are going to do an outtakes version at the end, so everyone will be included, even if it's a drunken vocals with a spaghetti strainer over your head. Hopefully we'll see some humorous submissions for the outtakes.

For those who have submitted so far, thank you all. If you would like to do a separate video with another part, or a redo, please do. We will be collecting until at least the end of May and will let everyone know before we start compiling.

I would encourage everyone to submit something, there is still plenty of time, and please don't even think about whether you think it's good enough. That's not what it's about. Chuck had a great sense of humor, so let's have some fun with this, while we honor him.

@sloslunas I fixed my voice mail so you need to pony up. Maybe include the boyz in your video.
I have no ability to record at the Compound. But, trust me...Chuck and I had many good times together. I committed to the NY jam to honor my dear friend. Make sure that you have your video running. My tribute to him will be legendary...

Steve

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
I'd feel privileged to add to tribute this but in all honesty, I don't feel I would have my heart in it..

I knew Chuck almost from day one of BGU and he was at my first ever jam in Maine. Over the years we had many many great moments and tons of memories but the one etched in my heart is from June of last year. We (Naomi and myself) got the chance to meet up with Chuck and Gudi at one of his favorite campgrounds...he was struggling with his health but I convinced Chuck to bring along some gear.. we sat down and did some playing...

one of the songs we did was Tennessee Whiskey...to be honest I'd never heard the song but I just kinda listened to Chuck play and sing...and did some filling in...outside of Chuck being scared to death to step on stage at the first BGU Live, this is my fondest memory...I can never duplicate that moment it but I can share it...

for my soul brother...

Tennessee Whiskey w/ Chuck & cowboy

...later.

cowboy

Last edited:

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I'd feel privileged to add to tribute this but in all honesty, I don't feel I could do it justice...

I knew Chuck almost from day one of BGU and he was at my first ever jam in Maine. Over the years we had many many great moments and tons of memories but the one etched in my heart is from June of last year. We (Naomi and myself) got the chance to meet up with Chuck and Gudi at one of his favorite campgrounds...he was struggling with his health but I convinced Chuck to bring along some gear.. we sat down and did some playing...

one of the songs we did was Tennessee Whiskey...to be honest I'd never heard the song but I just kinda listened to Chuck play and sing...and did some filling in...outside of Chuck being scared to death to step on stage at the first BGU Live, this is my fondest memory...I can never duplicate that moment it but I can share it...

for my soul brother...

Tennessee Whiskey w/ Chuck & cowboy

...later.

cowboy

I don't think anyone can top that. Thanks for posting.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
So just a reminder we are trying to get submissions in by the end of May if possible, if you are interested in participate.

IF you want to ad more on another instrument, we currently have no bass or drums. We can pull the audio from the backing track if you lie, we just need the video

Here's the links. For some reasson the second intro now seems hosed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewgy6hjeceo4ll9/Tennessee Whiskey-Backing.wav?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxz6nn0k22dbiuo/Tennessee Whiskey-Backing-V2.wav?dl=0

If you need more time, or some help just let us know, not a problem. If I've missed anything please let me know. Thanks

Mike S Solo
Elio Solo
Tommy T Rhythm and solo.
Dr Ron Vocals and solo
Chuck and Cowboy Rhythm, vocals and solo.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
So just a reminder we are trying to get submissions in by the end of May if possible, if you are interested in participate.

IF you want to ad more on another instrument, we currently have no bass or drums. We can pull the audio from the backing track if you lie, we just need the video

Here's the links. For some reasson the second intro now seems hosed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewgy6hjeceo4ll9/Tennessee Whiskey-Backing.wav?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxz6nn0k22dbiuo/Tennessee Whiskey-Backing-V2.wav?dl=0

If you need more time, or some help just let us know, not a problem. If I've missed anything please let me know. Thanks

Mike S Solo
Elio Solo
Tommy T Rhythm and solo.
Dr Ron Vocals and solo
Chuck and Cowboy Rhythm, vocals and solo.

I was getting ready to do another version of mine. Before I do, will it help if I give you audio of the solo and backing tracks as separate MP3's along with the video? Let me know if there are any other changes that will make things easier for you. I can also add some bass since it's an excuse to add to my rather limited bass repertoire by learning a song.