Too Much Practicing?

vashondan

Blues Doobie
I've been working this course pretty hard since I got it.  Now the pinky on my left hand is talking back.  The middle joint is sore and sort of snaps when I bend it.  Probably need to take a couple of days off.  Dang.  I was having fun!

wgabree

Blues Newbie
I've always heard that you should stop if there is pain.  Rest up and then try again - up to the point of pain, then stop again.  Don't push through pain but instead rest.

Also, personally I find several shorter practice sessions work better than one LONG session.

:cool:

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Never really hurt during playing. Even now if I warm it up it will be ok during a session but later it's a problem. Probably shorter sessions is a good idea.  I just get going and the time flies!

stratogeezer

Blues Newbie
Aleve worked pretty good for me when for some reason my finger joints started really hurting.
Took it for about 2 days and problem was gone.
Fortunately it was a one time occurance.

vashondan

Blues Doobie
Good to hear yours was short lived. I'm taking it easy for a couple of days and started taking vitamin I. 

daddymac11

Blues Newbie
I've had the course for about a week now. My accuracy in my general playing has improved already. Going through the exercises pretty much eats up all my daily practice time. I'll need to get faster or began to alternate different parts of the warm ups to have time to work on BU.
I was supprised at how much pumping up the old Metronome fifteen points at a time helped after I picked up the pieces and my fingers began to catch up.