Todays orange county jam

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
What was so great about yesterday, I got to introduce two new people to the guys I love playing with and respect.

If you have never been to these jams, what makes them amazing is how the experienced people really help you to get better, and learn things. sometimes it just a simple word or two, other times like my first one, it was Steve and Allan coming over and stomping their feet to help me keep time

While I still have screw ups, I can almost hold my own for 1/2 song now, if you have lurked pictures or videos of the open jams, just go, dont stress if you are good enough, just go. At the end of the day, this is what its all about for me. Oh, got two videos ready. Sorry, my video camera breaks them into 20 minute sections, so sometimes it cuts off

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
What was so great about yesterday, I got to introduce two new people to the guys I love playing with and respect.

If you have never been to these jams, what makes them amazing is how the experienced people really help you to get better, and learn things. sometimes it just a simple word or two, other times like my first one, it was Steve and Allan coming over and stomping their feet to help me keep time

While I still have screw ups, I can almost hold my own for 1/2 song now, if you have lurked pictures or videos of the open jams, just go, dont stress if you are good enough, just go. At the end of the day, this is what its all about for me. Oh, got two videos ready. Sorry, my video camera breaks them into 20 minute sections, so sometimes it cuts off

I especially liked that couple dancing at the beginning of the video. They seem oddly familiar.
ciglight.gif

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Had a great time at the jam. It's been awhile since we've gotten together, and we'll have to do it more often. Thanks for the recordings and photos. Mark. :thumbup:

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Fun jam... thanks as always for letting me crash.

If any of y'all have John the keyboard/guitar/vocal guy's info pass along the info about our show on May 12... he seemed interested at the jam but I didn't see him again.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues

If any of y'all have John the keyboard/guitar/vocal guy's info pass along the info about our show on May 12... he seemed interested at the jam but I didn't see him again.
It was motivating to have you there, any time you get to show off in front of your mentor is fantastic

Elio

Student Of The Blues

No problem. I have his email address and will send him the info and you the address. Thanks again for stopping by!

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
It was motivating to have you there, any time you get to show off in front of your mentor is fantastic
It was fun to get to play that little Marshall you had... and who knew wireless bugs were so good now?!

RishabhJain

Blues Newbie
Thanks again for the pics Mark and for introducing me to a great set of musicians last saturday. Looking forward to more learning and jamming!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
That was some fun video. I wonder if some mystery guests will show up at the new england jam.:sneaky:

Was that drumtrucker (steve) in the video?