Miscellaneous Tips on...

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
VLC Media Player From GnLGuy
Playback Speed:

Click on Tools and the Customize Interface. This will bring up the Toolbars Editor.
On the left are Toolbar Elements and you should see an icon marked Faster and another marked Slower.
Drag and drop those 2 to the right in Line 1, just to the right of the Frame By Frame icon.
Close the Toolbar Editor and you should have those 2 controls in the bottom toolbar. Each click increases or decreases the speed by approx 15%

To add an adjustment control that will adjust the speed at 1% increments
1. Click on Tools in the toolbar and choose Customize Interface. You should see the Toolbar Editor like on my attachment below.
2. Scroll to the bottom; Speed Selector is the 3rd from the bottom
3. Highlight Speed Selector and then choose Native Slider just above the options window.
4. Highlight Speed Selector again and drag it up to Line 2, just to the left of the volume indicator; in my example, my volume is set to 89%
5. Click on Close, this returns you now to the main player window. Just to the left of your Volume control, you should see 1.00x. If you click on 1.00x, you will have a slider control that will allow you to adjust your playback speed by 1% increments
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Great tip from GnL_Guy... Thanks!!!

While you are customizing you can also add a "step backwards" 10 seconds and a "step forwards" 10 seconds button!

Last edited:

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Great tip from GnL_Guy... Thanks!!!

While you are customizing you can also add a "step backwards" 10 seconds and a "step forwards" 10 seconds button!

We'll, it's not exactly the Flux Capacitor but I suppose 10 seconds forward or backward is Ok.