Time to get into the course

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Well my shoulder is coming along very well. I have been able to play my acoustic for 1/2 to 3/4 an hour now. Mostly noodling and playing the things I remember from BBG and BGU. It is time to really start ABGU. I don't know if I will post each exercise as Russ has done but I may as I see great improvement in his playing and as well he was brave enough to say to heck with it, I will do this even though it may sound awful at first. I think that it was a motivator for Russ. I guess I am just worried about looking and sounding really bad. Yes I know that isn't the point but that not wanting to sound bad is stuck in my head.
Anyway, I will think about it and probably talk myself into doing as Russ did and just do it.  :-[

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
Great to hear your up and running now Larry and hey just go for it, if we were to wait for perfection we'd never post anything.  :)

Bluesgrass

Blues Newbie
Larry -  You're in for a fantastic journey.  I took time off from  ABGU to learn some tunes for a wedding performance, but I plan to dig back in this weekend.  You probably know kind of what to expect since you have gone through Griff's courses before.  This is my first one and I can't tell you how exciting it is to be playing stuff that I never thought was going to be possible, for a strummer like me.  Good luck and I'll be looking forward to hearing about your progress. 

Russ

Blues Newbie
Larry,
Don't stress too hard over the timing lessons. I could swear some of them were designed to simply test your resolve  :eek: . As far as videoing yourself, definitely record the first effort whether its audio or video. Just forget its there and make the attempt. Put the recording device away until you think you're half way there and record again. Then, start recording when you think you're just about to ace it. (Its amazing how much space video can take up. I delete all but the first and last efforts, now.) This way, YOU are your best motivation  :D! I sincerely appreciate the fact that a lot of our members mention me when it comes to videos. I do it to show the shy people that they CAN do this just like we can. Hell, we've got a guy with recovering shoulder doing this stuff. They can, too!  :cool:

Best of luck for LuckyLarry1  ;) and remember to take it slow and start on Lesson 3 ASAP.

Another note, the more I video myself, the more comfortable I get with it.

Don't forget to read my below post signature and take it to heart.

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Thanks Russ. I will follow your advice and start with lesson 3. I will do my first take in the next day or 2.  [smiley=beer.gif]