This Weather is Nuts!!!

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
7,563 wildfires going on at this time.
I just read that you all are +2000 more than last year and the firefighters being over run by flames. Then I also see some just plain stupid people who refuse to evacuate out there trying to save there homes with garden hose'---that is just plain frigging stupid. I find it hard to gather any remorse for idiots I put them right up there with people that O.D.. By the way it's 49 this morning, and the hi for the day is forecast 76.
now we are getting back to normal except for the smoke. Hope your firefighters all recover.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
I've never seen this before. It's 11:28 AM and I'm still waiting for sunrise! The smoke is so thick from multiple Bay Area fires that it just stayed nighttime in San Francisco...and I thought this city couldn't get any stranger.

IMG_4051.JPG

Last edited:

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I've never seen this before. It's 11:28 AM and I'm still waiting for sunrise! The smoke is so thick from multiple Bay Area fires that it just stayed nighttime in San Francisco...and I thought this city couldn't get any stranger.

View attachment 12586

A few days ago it was 108. Today it is 68, and it is almost 2 PM. The sky in San Jose is a dark orange. I have to put on a sweater to keep warm. Then there is always tomorrow! :confused:

Tom

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
No craziness like wildfires here, but it was sort of chilly a few days ago and today it flirted with 90 plus humidity. A wee bit of a roller coaster ride.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
'When the sun refuses to shine---When the sun refuses to shine---oh Lord I want to be in that number when the Saints go marching in"

When the moon turns into blood----When the moon turns into blood----Oh Lord I want to be in that number when the Saints go marching in"
HUMMMMM---From Toms description of the Moon, and your description of the Sun, maybe it is time we started re-evaluating our position here on Earth.:)

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
We are over a mile high here. It has been over 100 degrees for the past two or three months. Within 48 hours we have been in the 40 degree range. Yep...I had to put my big boy pants on!! Then again I love the cold weather...bring it on!

Steve

Glad to hear you're finally chillin' out. It's cooled here in the Sac. valley as well. The smoke is so thick you can often not see the sun, but there is such an orange glow. Nothing is moving and I expect to see Zombies every time I go outside.
That may be my coffee fortifier, but it is surreal. :coffee:

Last edited:

ronico

rainyislandblues
We had a red sun rise here for the last couple of days and can't see across the harbor so guess the visibility is less than 900 yds. Not as bad as Cal but worst since we had a really bad fire season in the BC interior a couple of years ago. It's smoke from Washington and Oregon apparently. Kind of a smokey overcast. Wonder what insurance rates will do next year?

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
From what we're seeing on the news over here, it's pretty grim over there. But they say that the weather is easing - not so hot. We're still rain-dancing, hoping it works for you.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
From what we're seeing on the news over here, it's pretty grim over there. But they say that the weather is easing - not so hot. We're still rain-dancing, hoping it works for you.

Thank you so much. The temperature is easing and the winds are turning around. I hope that will force the fire back toward the burned out areas and areas that are partially controlled. Not sure if it works that way, but a fella can dream.