This tickled my funny bone

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Very humerus.

But seriously, folks.

Even my humble Metro doesn't get a high enough number of mpg's to make the trip worthwhile.

But at least you save on shipping.

Last edited:

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
That book comprises lead sheets for a whole jazz ensemble, not just guitar. My experience with trying to play jazz and attempting to rub elbows with jazz guitarists around here is that all the jazzers read music because lead sheets don't contain tab. Neither do the real/fake books.

Of course, your percentage is probably correct because that is probably the relative number of guitarists that play jazz :LOL:

Eric

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say that Jeff probably didn't get rich off the royalties on this one.

glynnd

Blues Newbie
Hal Leonard has a whole series of these with lead sheets for C Treble, C Bass, Bb and Eb instruments. They come with CD that has a full stereo mix backing track and a split track that in theory allows you to remove bass or lead guitar parts by reducing the volume on the left or right channel respectively. They have a number of blues oriented volumes including some of classic artists like Muddy Waters, Jimmy Reed etc. where decent backing tracks that are fairly true to the original recordings are hard to find.

I have the Muddy Waters book.There are a few problems however, if you take out the lead guitar you also remove the harp part which was an integral part of the original recording, the instrumentation is not particularly true to the original and in a couple of cases the tracks are severely shortened from the original. They are inexpensive, like $14 new including the CD, because there's no tab just lead sheets.

It's a good idea, just not particularly well executed.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
if you take out the lead guitar you also remove the harp part which was an integral part of the original recording

That might be fixable in audacity (or any DAW). I've done that on some tracks where I wanted to "trade 4's" and such for practice. Much more difficult if the harp and lead guitar were playing simultaneously on a single track, of course.

Eric