This Nails It for Me!

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Similar thing with me and competetive sailing, it was getting hard to stay in the top three at Championship level, so I moved on. I still get the urge when I see it on TV etc but know the old body couldn't do it and I would find it frustrating.

Frustrating is a good descriptor.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Golf is a beautiful game but there are few things as aggravating at the same time. The more I played, the more I expected, so it never got less frustrating. I played competitively in school and I'm competitive by nature, so I've quit the game three different times over the years when I start getting too intense and self critical. Nowadays it's maybe once a week and only with my buddies with laughs and a good smoke being more important than the golf.

TexBill

Blues in Texas
I totally relate to the competitive side. So as I aged and then started having vision issues, I just did not tolerate the frustration aspect. That was around 2003 time frame. I may have played half a dozen rounds before my final tournament in 2005, IRRC. Have not played since.

From the guitar practicing side of things, I practice when I feel like it. Some weeks it is every day. Then there are times I may go 2 or 3 days without touching a guitar. Like whoever said it, those short breaks seem to pay dividends.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
From the guitar practicing side of things, I practice when I feel like it. Some weeks it is every day. Then there are times I may go 2 or 3 days without touching a guitar. Like whoever said it, those short breaks seem to pay dividends.
Well, for me since a few days into January, I've had a guitar in hand at least a couple hours a day, every day. I'm not sure if the new will wear off this time, but I'm definitely hoping not. I'm even starting to get out of bed early and practicing under headphones just to get a little extra during the day.