Discussion in 'Recording Tips and Tricks' started by blackcoffeeblues, Aug 10, 2019.
Learn to take care of your gear man!
Yeah; I Probably did abuse it a little--with some of the crap I ran through it.---it is probably trying to tell me enuff is enuff.I ain't putting up with this no more.
When the new one shows up, just sing it a nice song
Easier said than done.
It came today--we will see if it helps any--I doubt it----but at least I can use the old one to experiment with on the computer interface-bouncing tracks effects-drum board and a whole ton of other things, and not have to worry about boogering it up.
One little thing Dave......(something us old geezers think we don't need to do)......... READ THE MANUAL!!!!!!
I hear you Brother----I did not get a manual with the old one, I had to go to the computer every time I wanted to do something. I still have 3 sometimes 4 channels that work on my old one, so it might be awhile before you hear anything out of it---I am going to use the old one as guinea pig. Plus I am a slow reader. Later
Here we go!
The songs will start pouring out soon
I am reading the manual---I cannot believe what I have been missing out on---this thing and R-24 can do just about anything you could dream of , and them some. It is crazy---if I learn half of it, I am going to be a genuis....(yeah right)
I couldn't imagine using my BOSS or Tascam recorders without reading the manual. They do so much and although about 80% of it is intuitive you can't use it if you don't know its in there and of course the other 20% isn't usable if I don't read the manual because it gets kind of complex (like setting scenes and markers for auto/robot/magical mixing and stuff like that).
Of course I had the same situation with ProTools, Logic and Ableton Live. With ProTools and Ableton Live I even had to watch some video training to understand what the manuals were getting at.
OH LAWDY DAY: are you telling me this is just the TIP of the"ICEBERG"?
It all depends on how deep you want to go. In guitar terms, you can strum cowboy chords at a campfire with less than 6 months of guitar learning, but I would expect a lot more study and practice to play Carnegie Hall.
Don't be scared just start on the bunny slopes and work your way up to the moguls.
I am starting to think I might be the "TITANIC"-
Most of these gadgets do much more then we can ever learn.
Reading manuals can be helpful but, I learn better if somebody actually explains it to me.
I've purchased a few training videos from this guy and I've found them to be very helpful.
Here's his Training DVD for the Zoom R16 for $29.00:
It sure didn't take me to long to push that--"Buy it now" button. I am not a manual man either but beats not having a manual at all. Plus I get tired of printing them off the computer. Later
Keep us posted
My horoscope today said---"You can shift into gear today by checking out near by workshops and online classes---this a perfect day to be a sponge for learning new skills---HMMM-I never believed in that stuff---maybe I need to change my point of view.