The Star Spangled Banner (Griff's Arrangement)

Steely Glen

I been down so long, down don't bother me.
Yesterday, I got my daily email from Griff outlining his arrangement of The Star Spangled Banner (an old post of his from 2014 HERE). It was pretty straightforward so I sat down to learn it and embellish a bit with influences from Jimi's performance at Woodstock. If you haven't checked out Griff's post above, it's worth looking into.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
nice job...agree with Davy on the tone...I was kinda waiting for some whammy bar action/embellishment...later.

cowboy

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Nice Glen! By the way...how do you like your Suhr? I'm about ready to purchase one myself.

Last edited:

Steely Glen

Nice Glen! By the way...how do you like your Suhr? I'm about ready to purchase one myself.

Ron, I love it. I love it so much I also got a Classic T Antique. The vintage vibe is spot-on, but the Silent Single Coil (SSC) technology along with a compound radius fretboard and stainless steel frets that will never need replacing takes the playability to another plane.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Nice to hear Glen. Congratulations. Do you have the v60 pickups in your strat? Did you order
it or buy it off the shelf? I have my eye on the Pro Modern Bengal Burst though the Classic Pro
3 Tone Burst is making the choice difficult.

Steely Glen

Nice to hear Glen. Congratulations. Do you have the v60 pickups in your strat? Did you order
it or buy it off the shelf? I have my eye on the Pro Modern Bengal Burst though the Classic Pro
3 Tone Burst is making the choice difficult.

I have the Michael Landau singlecoils, which come standard on the Classic Antiques, I believe. I bought it used on The Gear Page, but the specs are perfect. The neck and fretboard radius matches my Classic T Antique so it's a seamless switch between them.

My next Suhr will be a Classic Antique JM. Suhr hasn't yet started making them, but they're due to soon.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
It's nice that you like the ML pup's. There seemed to be mixed reviews on the ML's. People either loved them i.e. really disliked them, citing that they have a "Hi-Fi" quality to them. I loved the sound and will likely have at least one ML in my Suhr, even though I am more of a humbucker guy.
I played a JM..nice guitar.
Anyway, nice playing. Keep it up.
Ron

Last edited: