The New GHandtheSBBB album...

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
I love the sound of the band, I want horns and a keyboard in my band now. Mark's bass playing is also really nice.
One thing that bugs me a little is the mastering really pushes tracks to one ear or the other. Rhythm guitar only on the right, lead guitar only on the left. It didn't bother me in the car but not loving it on earphones, even though I know it's not an uncommon practice.

Is Ty on keys? I saw a YouTube video from Tacoma and it didn't look like he was the one on keyboard?

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Yes, Ty played keys on the album. He had a prior engagement on the date of the Tacoma show and couldn't make it for that one.

Yes, Ty was at the New Orleans Jazz Fest with Katy Perry. The guy who played in Tacoma was Billy Steinway (great last name for a keyboard player) from LA who's played with a number of bands and on a lot of albums: https://www.allmusic.com/artist/billy-steinway-mn0000927880

He had some great stories including one about Joe Bonamassa handing him two guitars to hold that turned out to be worth over a million. He gave them back to Joe as fast as he could. :eek:

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
The CD's vaporized, as I expected, sorry about that...

Put your name on the waiting list and they'll give me an accurate count over the weekend so I can send enough on Monday to fill those orders.
@Griff Any news on this. I ordered on 30th April and it is still showing as unshipped:cry:

cheers

Al.

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
Just received my cd in the mail today, All I can say is WOW!!! Great album. 1 - 10, every song is great. I would love to hear Bluesville (Sirius/XM) start playing something from this album. It certainly deserves to be played on the station.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
@Griff Any news on this. I ordered on 30th April and it is still showing as unshipped:cry:

cheers

Al.
I've been sending them a batch every week as they ask for more, I'm surprised to hear that there is a delay. I really expected CDBaby to be able to handle this, it's what they do, and for a lot of artists. But I'm looking into doing my own shopping cart and fulfillment from here on out.

The good news is, a larger batch should have arrived today so yours should ship soon, I'm sure.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I ordered the physical CD a few days ago. Found a site online where I could listen- sounds great. "Someone" is an original, not BBs "someone (is waiting...)

Maybe Griff could give us a rig rundown- what he used on the songs. Did he play the vocal /guitar call and response on the same take? On some of the tracks it's obvious there was a rhythm guitar track and then a solo over it. Nothing wrong with that, just curious about the process