The Foreman

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Not posting me playing yet. Just mentioning that if you're like me and have gotten really comfortable and settled in playing those shuffles at around 120 or 130, you should pull this one out. It's been kicking my beehind the last 2 or 3 weeks. Still working on learning it, but it keeps amazing me that the parts I can play already, I can play along with the slow speed and almost get bored. Crank out the full speed and I'm at the edge of control, barely hanging on, and when I duff something I feel like Hollywood in Top Gun saying "where'd whoo goooooo??" Dang that 176 bpm. :mad::ROFLMAO:

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
How'd you make out on the Foreman? I've only worked on the head so far, and I'm not up to 176 by a long shot. I've been improvising the solo so far, but I'm ready to start tackling Griff’s. Nice work for finger slides and speed. I'm glad I checked this out, I'm sorta hooked on it.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
How'd you make out on the Foreman? I've only worked on the head so far, and I'm not up to 176 by a long shot. I've been improvising the solo so far, but I'm ready to start tackling Griff’s. Nice work for finger slides and speed. I'm glad I checked this out, I'm sorta hooked on it.
Oh wow! I had forgotten I had worked on this one. I don't think I've pulled it out since summer of last year or before. By the time I got distracted, I had gotten it so I could play full speed and not feel totally out of control. Except for one lick that always caused me problems. I don't remember which one it was, but it was in that section where you're playing up the neck. That was actually why I got distracted. I thought I'd put it down for a bit and come back to it. That somehow seems to help sometimes when I'm just not getting something right. I just never got back to it.

After the reminder, I need to pull it back out and brush it off and finish it.