The Blues Kings at the Lion's Lair Lounge

FrankL

Mr. Bites Off More Than I Can Chew
Sounding really good. The lead guitar proves you don’t need to excessive to sound good. She did a great job keeping it simple! Do you guys normally have 4 guitars? Where was this place you played?

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
Yes we have 4 guitars. We had trouble keeping guitar players in the lineup for a while and we
recruited had and then none of them quit :) The lead singer doesn't play on all songs. The lead guitar changes from song to song, and Jason, the tall guy on the right has been playing more and more slide to add a different sound. Michelle also sings some of the songs.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
That's a lot of guitars (four?). Worse than a BGU jam with 3. What did you get paid?

I'm not saying anything about the quality of the music. I've just seen bands before with lots of hanger-ons, spouses playing cowbell, etc. You could pare it down to 4-piece or 4 plus the female singer who can do some stuff on guitar. Just my semi-drunken thoughts.

TwoNotesSolo

Student Of The Blues
How do you pare down a band? By seniority? By attendance record? By instruments chops? Who gets to judge? Why do you pare it down when you're only making beer money from gigs anyway?