Talking Water Board Blues

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I started writing a song back in 2005----found some verses in my scrap box about 2 years ago and decided to revive it.....so now I have almost 30 verses to it, (started with 8).. now I have to ARRANGE it to get the story told in 5-minutes. (the MAX listening time for most songs, unless it has a story).
I can fish it in maybe a week or 2.....
So here is what ---I REALLY WANT TO KNOW----would any of you Blues Brothers that "FINGER PICK" bluegrass pickers more than welcome, think you could help me out on this? You would have to be able to work off a cassette recording.
Talking blues is with out a doubt in my mind; probably one of the HARDEST arrangements there is to entertain a song. It has to have a story line; it has to have a meaning; it has to have a message; and it has to have an ending.
For those that don't what "TALKING BLUES" is----listen to: Johnny Cash-"BOY NAMED SUE"---Townes Van Zandt "Talking Karate Blues"---Charlie Daniels---big hit "Uneasy rider"- Woody Guthrie--"talking dust bowl blues"----Bob Dylan did one too; but don't remember the name of that one either. It is a very REPETIVE CHORD progression. C-F-G. or whatever; but it needs some flavor.
Anyway if you are finger picker P.M. me. We will see what we can do. BCB

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
You could have the answer to Alice's Restaurant, right there! :D
Yep; it's got a lot of that Guthrie feel---plus it is pretty funny----I P.M.d, a "FEW VERSE' to Capn Moto so if we don't hear from him in a few days
he is still getting over stomach cramps from laughing or "WENT TO SEE ELIZABETH". It was the big one.:):(:):cool:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I did check out the lyrics you sent.
If you're planning to release this song soon, I'd say make sure your bunker in in good condition.
Load up you provisions, you might need to go off the grid for a while.
o_O

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I just figured if I was gonna offend one sector, I should offend all sectors....otherwise I would be breaking the "Discrimination laws act".
If I mention all the others but them, then they would think they were being neglected and want to sue me. So being the "Equal opportunity song writer" that I am; I feel it is my duty to talk trash about all of them and not discriminate.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. It works for Dave Chappel.

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I did check out the lyrics you sent.
If you're planning to release this song soon, I'd say make sure your bunker in in good condition.
Load up you provisions, you might need to go off the grid for a while.
o_O
Ok Capn; I won't hold it against you if you "DISAVOW" all knowledge of my existence when the "MEN IN BLACK or OTHER PARTIES" knock on your door.
Just tell them you met the "NUTCASE" on SOCIAL MEDIA......The lyrics are DONE:eek::eek::eek:--Hopefully I can POST it in the next couple weeks---(got to relearn my finger picking)...once I get the bandage off. Later

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
HA,
Hope you're all healed up so the authorities won't feel bad when they put the cuffs on.
Let'r rip............I'll give it my un-biased assessment.........if you want it:cautious:
I'll wipe my internet history if needed.

Last edited: