Tab Benoit

kdmccarty

Blues Newbie
Anyone listen to Tab Benoit? Love the stuff I've seen on TV and YouTube. Any album of his you guys particularly like?

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I've got Voice of the Wetlands and Wetlands.  Need to get some more some day.  Voice of the Wetlands is him and several other Louisiana musicians (Dr John, one of the Neville brothers (I think), and a few others) that Tab got together to make an album to support a cause.  It's a fun album because of the collaborations on it.  If I remember right, they call themselves the Louisiana All Stars.

You'll find quite a few of us around here that appreciate his music.  If you ever get a chance to see one of his shows, don't miss it.  He puts on a good one!

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
Just checked and I have fifteen of his albums! :)

My favorite song of his is "Medicine" - so be sure to check that one out!

Have seen him live several times and will definitely be catching him in the future.

Have you seen his youtube video talking about him and Willie Nelson?  It's fantastic.

Kevin

vashondan

Blues Doobie

Have seen him live several times and will definitely be catching him in the future.

Have you seen his youtube video talking about him and Willie Nelson?  It's fantastic.

Kevin

Love that song!

kestrou

Blooze Noobie

Kevin

Love that song!

Night Train ain't bad either but, yeah, Medicine is just a GREAT blues song! :)

You know what I like best about Tab's music?  It's "approachable" to me from a guitar playing perspective.  No, I'm NOT as good as him :) - but there's almost no song of that I don't think I could play with a little time in the woodshed - he doesn't do wild whammy bar, two hand tapping and BLAZING fast playing - just straight ahead blues in the pocket.

And it doesn't hurt that he's a super nice guy and tells great stories.

Kevin

FishKiller

Blues Newbie
We get great reviews with "Last Night I Got Loaded" he does great at covering it,  it's a super easy song to play, and the crowd loves it. I posted this in the gigs section--our band playing "I Got Loaded" with our new sax player.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/t3awt0x0j4ivgk3/I%20got%20Loaded%207-12.mp3

Carlos

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I'm a Tab fan myself. He puts on a good show. See him if you get the chance. Here's his tour schedule.
http://www.tabbenoit.com/tour/ :cool:

Joe_Abrams

Blues Junior
You have to catch him live! He tours a lot, he was in Phoenix a few months ago and will be back on Sept. 19th. One of my favorite songs is "Dirty Dishes".

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
We have "What I Live For" and "Standing on the Bank". I like "What I Live For" the best. Both are great listening, though.

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
I have a bunch of Tab CDs.  Favorites are:
Live Swampland Jam
Nice and Warm
The Sea Saint Sessions
These Blues Are All Mine

Favorite Song:  Stackolina

Boysie

Just for fun
I have 9 albums and I just play them as they come, way too much great music to pick a favourite. :cool:

kestrou

Blooze Noobie
I like looking through his album covers chronologically - to see his favorite Thinline Tele growing increasingly "comfortable". :)

Kevin

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
my favorites is "Swampland Jam"....couple of slow blues numbers in there that are killer...

been a fan of his for years...he used to play a small club in Gray, ME....at the time he was driving his black diesel pickup and towing a trailer also...did all of his loading and unloading of gear...talked with him on more than one occasion...he actually sat down with a group of us during a break between sets and had a drink...fun guy and also a hell of a drummer...once he was doing a beer festival and had to have a sit in drummer...during the show he sat in on the drums and did a solo...my son, the drummer, said, "I bet he played drums before he did guitar"...after the show, we asked him...my son was right...best time I had was when he pulled in to do the North Atlantic Blues Festival in a tour bus...then I knew he had make it...great for him...

still love "Crawfishin" and "Cherry Tree Blues"...great style and tone...all that wear and tear on his tele is his...he's paid his dues...later.

cowboy