SWS

Bilco

Blues Newbie
I am currently one month into BGU and am loving it.  Now, per you all's advice, I am thinking of getting SWS for a companion.  Are there any "teaser" examples that I can check out?

henryj

Blues Newbie
Here is the link to Griffs 4 note solo.  I don't believe it is included in SWS but it is the exact same formula.

http://www.free-guitar-chords.com/4-note-blues-solo.htm

TonyS

Blues Newbie
How are you finding studying the 2 courses?  I have put SWS to one side because it's so good it was stopping me doing anything on BGU.

tvandawalker

Blues Newbie
I have both but don't try to work on them concurrently. I flip-flop from one to the other. Maybe SWS for couple weeks, then BGU for a couple, or more.

Tim

Cyberthrasher_706

Blues Newbie
I have both but don't try to work on them concurrently. I flip-flop from one to the other. Maybe SWS for couple weeks, then BGU for a couple, or more.

Tim
That's pretty much what I do. I just do it based on lessons. Get one from BGU down, then move onto one from another course or a song I'm trying to learn. Once you're into the BGU Solos, SWS really compliments it when it comes to learning how to improvise with the skills learned in BGU.

P

pachuco70

SWS has changed my life...it has opened up a whole new world for me that BGU couldn't do.  BGU built a foundation and SWS opened up the possibilities.  Once you get it...it is so simple it isn't even funny.  The guitar is fun again.

The thing about SWS is Griff get's you started...with maybe a 1 - 1.5 min tab, and the backing track ( without lead ) is 5 min.  Griff get's you going and then you just take off in the groove.  It's a blast if you haven't tried it.

Bilco

Blues Newbie
I am really liking SWS, as it seems to be an alternative way of absorbing the material.  I beat myself up with the BGU lessons for awhile, then I go to the SWS lessons. It's a really good mix.

S

sabatka

I find that it takes me quite awhile to get the chord shapes (I still can't catch the jazz chords fast and it's been a couple of months,) and the SWS lessons let me improvise a bit and sort clears my head and let's me have some fun.  I have learned more since I started using SWS along with BGU at the same time.  They really compliment each other.
B. L. P.