SWS Solo 3

K

kimrush

Solo 3 starts with a slide (bar 1).  My question:  should I hammer on and simultaneously slide or pick the note and immediately/simultaneously slide?  I am confused because the grace note goes by quickly.

Spencer

Blues Newbie
I don't really understand the question... I just picked up the guitar and did it a few times and that's a pretty simple little lick. Have you watched the DVD to see how Griff does it or checked out any of the recordings? You just pick and slide.

Thatman

Playin' for the fun of it.
I understand why your asking and it's a valid point when your starting off, everything seems to happen so fast on the DVDs, but when you keep at it and learn step by step from the early BBG through to SWS you pick up these things.

Keep asking.  :)

giayank

Just another day in paradise
I think either slur is a good way to start the solo. Don't have to do both or either for that matter. Whatever sound your going for is fine . I prefer the slide into a note for a start of a run and I use hammeron's to give me a little fill while i'm in the middle of a lead i'm playing. The idea is to learn the style and then use it as you like. The main focus of the sws course is to learn to improvise. Learn the technique and then make it your own.

K

kimrush

Thanx for the comments.  I will go with what sounds best to me and the "feel" I get and/or what I an trying to accomplish.

That said, the DVDs do tend to go by pretty quickly and somewhere I read a comment Griff posted wherein he said that he records the solos/licks then does the tabs afterwards so the tabs and the recording (what you hear) could be different.