SWS is it Maj or Minor

joeblues27

Blues with feeling
This may sound like a stupid question. Is this system a major sound or a minor sound? My thought proscess was to use SWS over the l and switching to minor penatonic over the lV and V. Any help or thoughts welome.

glynnd

Blues Newbie
Blues block 1 (the basis for 4 note solo) is a minor sound as is Blues block 2. Later in the course Griff introduces Blues block 3 which has a major sound. Then he introduces examples using both major and minor sounds just as he does in the BGU course.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
the SWS course includes both the major and minor sounds as glynnd mentioned...for me, the best part of the course was learning how to use the "boxes" (which can be either major or minor depending on the key of the song and which box you are using) in either a "forwards or backwards" movement...I can't remember the exact term that Griff used but it got me to view what I was doing in a different concept...for me, it was an ah-ha moment...sorry for the poor explanation but I've found that Griff does a great job of expanding our use of some of the things we already do...I can't tell you the number of times I've said, "Why didn't I think of that... :-?..."...probably a good reason why I buy his courses... ::)...later.

cowboy