Sweet Little Lady error in music/tab or video?

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
The "turnaround" in the second to last measure doesn't sound right in "Sweet Little Lady" on page 72.....  or at least it doesn't sound like the video when the written notes are played.

The music and tab show:

E - E/B - E/Eb/Bb - E/D/A - E/C#/G# - E/B/G#

But it seems that Griff is playing

E - E/B - E/D/B - E/C#/A# - E/C/A - E/B/G#

The first two notes, the low E and the high E/B, sound the same but as soon as the descent starts it sounds weird.

Can someone with the course verify that for me?  And is the tab/music wrong or did Griff accidentally play a different turnaround on the video?

Here is an audio sample of what I'm talking about, I first played it as written, and right after that I played how I think I hear Griff playing it. See the notes above.

Sweet Little Lady final turnaround

I think as written it has an odd dissonance, though in context not really horrid, but not as smooth as the one Griff seems to be playing.

lmoranti

Blues Newbie
Im not sure which is right (I dont have the course) but The 2nd one sounds better! Reality is play what is right for you!make it yours.

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
Thanks Leo, I agree, but I need someone with the course to verify my finding that there is a disconnect between the video and the text.

There is an "errata" thread that this should go into when

a. it's verified that there is an error and I'm not just playing it incorrectly
b. it's verified which part is incorrect, the text or the video

I suspect it is the text.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
The first phrase sounds pretty horrible. The second phrase is a standard blues turnaround. You have probably found an error in the materials. Send a PM to Griff.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
You are correct, I see the error now. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll make the adjustment in the next printing.

Griff

jklawman@yahoo.com

Blues Newbie
I've been play'n it wrong for quite some time now.  At first it sounded "off" but I played it as it was tabbed.  Kind of got used to the way it sounded after playing it 100 times or so.   :eek:

I just played it the "right" way and it sounds way better.  Thanks for the correction.  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]