Sunday 5-26-19, Nothing But The Blues...

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I'm not sure if this counts as a gig or a jam... but I couldn't think of a better place to post it :)

Gary Wagner ("The Wagman" to those of us around socal who have been listening to him for years) is featuring Griff Hamlin and the Single Barrel Blues Band tomorrow, the 26th from 6-7pm (pacific time) on his show, Nothing But The Blues.

If you can't get 88.1 in or around Long Beach, you can listen to the stream via:
http://1.ice1.firststreaming.com/kkjz_fm.mp3

I'm going to have a bit of a listening party on Facebook (via the Griff Hamlin and the Single Barrel Blues band Facebook page) in case you want to listen with me and we can chat at the same time. I'm hoping it'll be fun :)

Oh, and I'll have a beverage, feel free to bring your own!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
For Tab's playing, I doubt there is any way to notate it. If you know anything about Hammond organs, he is actively playing with his left hand the "drawbars", which control which harmonics are in the overall tone. Then he goes to a knob which seems to change the overall pitch of the instrument. And then the "fist" moves where he is just mashing a whole cluster of notes.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
For Tab's playing, I doubt there is any way to notate it. If you know anything about Hammond organs, he is actively playing with his left hand the "drawbars", which control which harmonics are in the overall tone. Then he goes to a knob which seems to change the overall pitch of the instrument. And then the "fist" moves where he is just mashing a whole cluster of notes.

...and don't forget the pedals! Ty attempted to give me an explanation of how a Hammond B3 works a couple years ago. I concluded that I am probably not smart enough nor physically coordinated enough to play one. :sick:

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Thread drift- I'm passing out the latest CD to my other coworker guitarists. Hope they will buy it or even a course.