Studio One StudioOne-5 Copy/Paste Problem

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Lloyd,
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong... Surprise, Surprise...

I'm simply trying to copy a section and paste it at the end. Should be easy. Your video shows how. But...

First, I tried to make the track all one piece by using your BOUNCE suggestion, but I can't get that to work...
BOUNCE PROBLEM:
Loop set -Pre "Bounce"Bounce-Pre Bounce.png

Post Bounce (CTL/B) ...
Bounce-Post Ctrl B.png
Seems to still be separate Pieces?

On to Copy/Paste
All set to Copy (Edit/Copy)Copy-Edit-Copy.png

Post Paste (Ctrl/V)

Copy-Post Paste.png

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
On the bounce issue:
Edit: Watch this on Youtube. The embedded version doesn't default to the highest definition recording.

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
On the copy/paste issue:
Edit: Watch this on Youtube. The embedded version doesn't default to the highest definition recording.

Last edited:

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
On the bounce issue:

I missed the distinction between "Range tool" and "Loop Tool" Instant fix! Thanks!
Should I add this to the table?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
On the copy/paste issue:

When it comes time to Paste, I think I'm having trouble "Placing the cursor" It seems to keep going back to the clip area and not at the end (which is where I think I've placed the cursor

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
After watching what you are doing a bit more closely, I think I've identified what I hadn't realized. There are 3 distinct areas (maybe more???) and if you get them confused, strange things happen.

Copy Paste confusion.png

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
@MikeS the different tools, and how you access them, is still the most troubling thing to me, as well, with S1. Also, depending on which tool you have selected, the areas of the clip pane do different things - not to mention that if you hold down Ctrl or Alt while holding a tool it changes the behavior!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
@MikeS the different tools, and how you access them, is still the most troubling thing to me, as well, with S1. Also, depending on which tool you have selected, the areas of the clip pane do different things - not to mention that if you hold down Ctrl or Alt while holding a tool it changes the behavior!

Yep, that's the problem I'm having and you just solved one issue I was having trouble with.
I'd place the cursor and try to select a section. Kind of like "from here to the end", but it kept just moving the whole track until I saw your comment
"not to mention that if you hold down Ctrl or Alt while holding a tool it changes the behavior"
I held Ctrl and bingo! I could select the part I wanted to delete.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Yep, that's the problem I'm having and you just solved one issue I was having trouble with.
I'd place the cursor and try to select a section. Kind of like "from here to the end", but it kept just moving the whole track until I saw your comment I held Ctrl and bingo! I could select the part I wanted to delete.
My problem is that, because of how my keyboard shortcuts are, the Ctrl key usually brings in the cut tool and I think I'm selecting when in fact I'm cutting :mad: