Studio One Studio One Trial?

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
I am thinking of changing over to Presonus Studio One, especially with all the help on this forum. I see there is a "free" version of Studio 1_6 with a 30 day full access; but, it doesn't seem to be out yet. It's a little confusing; but, is there a similar version I can download now to try it out? Thanks.
Ron

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
I am thinking of changing over to Presonus Studio One, especially with all the help on this forum. I see there is a "free" version of Studio 1_6 with a 30 day full access; but, it doesn't seem to be out yet. It's a little confusing; but, is there a similar version I can download now to try it out? Thanks.
Ron
Studio 1 Prime is a free download, Doctor. I've got Studio 1 Prime Version 5 - I don't know whether there's a free one for Version 6, which is just about brand-new this month. And I guess that's what "Studio 1_6" is. I'll go and check -

I just checked my Studio 1 Prime Version 5 for upgrades, and there are none being offered - so I can't get a free copy of Version 6 (yet?)

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Studio One v6 was released on 9/29 by Presonus.
Presonus ran true to form on this release, like they did on v5, by not making the demo or Prime versions available right out of the gate. IIRC, the demo and Prime usually follow the Artist and Pro releases by about 10 days to 2 weeks. I was told the reason is that their servers get completely overwhelmed with upgrades and new sales for about two weeks after release. Coupling that with freebie downloads would probably put them completely off the air.

I haven't upgraded to v6 yet, as I have some other things going on for the moment that take priority. But without a doubt, I will upgrade to it when I have time to dedicate a day or two to deep diving into the new features.

I checked with a friend of mine who works for Presonus support and confirmed that they aren't currently available.
Unfortunately, all of the customer facing section of the website where you could select and download the V5 demo or Prime are no longer online and return 404 (not found) errors from their server.

As soon as I find out that the demo and Prime are available, I'll post it here in the recording section.

Dr. Ron

Nuthin’ But The Blues!
Thanks Chris and Papa for your help. I'll give v.6 a chance to come out and check back in.
Cheers!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Studio One v6 was released on 9/29 by Presonus.
Presonus ran true to form on this release, like they did on v5, by not making the demo or Prime versions available right out of the gate. IIRC, the demo and Prime usually follow the Artist and Pro releases by about 10 days to 2 weeks. I was told the reason is that their servers get completely overwhelmed with upgrades and new sales for about two weeks after release. Coupling that with freebie downloads would probably put them completely off the air.

I haven't upgraded to v6 yet, as I have some other things going on for the moment that take priority. But without a doubt, I will upgrade to it when I have time to dedicate a day or two to deep diving into the new features.

I checked with a friend of mine who works for Presonus support and confirmed that they aren't currently available.
Unfortunately, all of the customer facing section of the website where you could select and download the V5 demo or Prime are no longer online and return 404 (not found) errors from their server.

As soon as I find out that the demo and Prime are available, I'll post it here in the recording section.
Which features of 6 have got you interested in upgrading?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Which features of 6 have got you interested in upgrading?
The dynamic EQ and the ability to set up custom templates is at the top of my list.
The lyrics track is pretty cool.
The ability to customize the interface is great. You can reduce the clutter of features that drive a lot of people crazy, moving seldom used features out of the way.
And of course the toy that will occupy my time far in excess of its value is the Vocoder.