Studio One Studio One PipeLine

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Anybody use it?

If you're not familiar, its a free plug in in S1 that let's you route external hardware (Compressors, EQs etc.) into the DAW and apply them as if they where plug ins.

If you don't use any external hardware it's useless however, If you do use hardware and plugins in a hybrid set up, it's a pretty nifty idea.

I set it up and It just didn't work for me, not sure what the problem was but, it was not behaving as expected.
Anyone else try it?

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I've been using an outboard compressor on my vocals lately.
I very much wanted to make PipeLine work with that but, It never did function suitably.
I found a pretty good alternate routing system that gets the job done.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I've been using an outboard compressor on my vocals lately.
I very much wanted to make PipeLine work with that but, It never did function suitably.
I found a pretty good alternate routing system that gets the job done.
Are you on Facebook? If so, you might check out the Home Studio Trainer Group. It catches a lot of eyes from Presonus support people and is a great place to get you questions answered. I know the main admin has quite a bit of outboard gear attached to his DAW.

You might also check out this video.
https://youtu.be/G7xDYM4v0YI
I've watched several of his videos and livestreams and he surely knows his stuff. It may or may not help.

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Are you on Facebook? If so, you might check out the Home Studio Trainer Group. It catches a lot of eyes from Presonus support people and is a great place to get you questions answered. I know the main admin has quite a bit of outboard gear attached to his DAW.

You might also check out this video.
https://youtu.be/G7xDYM4v0YI
I've watched several of his videos and livestreams and he surely knows his stuff. It may or may not help.
Hey Papa,
Thanks for that.
I've seen that instructional vid and a few others.
Followed all the directions, got it to work but, too many glitches to make it useful.

Facebook?..............Nope! Homie don't play dat.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Just a brief update:
I changed my interface a few months ago, so had to redo a few connections and routings.
Pipeline working great!