Studio One has me pulling my hair out

BigRigSteve

aka Drumtrucker... coming to a town near you
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggg

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
After being a Cakewalk Sonar user for many years on the PC the first time I tried to use Studio One that friend had bought I was lost as well. I couldn't believe how difficult and non-user friendly it was. I had an easier time learning Logic Pro that I did S1.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
What's giving you fits? I'm not a Studio One expert by any means, but I fired it up this morning and did a solo over a backing track. This is Version 4 Prime, which I think is the freebie version.
There's a whole lot of stuff on it, I don't yet know what it does, but for basic recording it seemed relatively easy. I haven't checked out anything beyond getting my hardware working with it.
But I set up my Presonus mixer as the recording input (and audio return) and managed to make my Behringer BCF2000 control surface work.
Having said that, I do have several years of working with Cubase, so a lot of what I was doing this morning was figuring out how to do things I'm already familiar with in Cubase.

Here's what I got. It was a long track and I was just noodling. It's encouraging enough, I think I'll explore it a bit more.
http://stolenbeer.rocks/tracks/TestClipInC.mp3

BigRigSteve

trying to use with iRig Pro I/O for interface (which works with Amplitude). S! will NOT activate iRig microphone. Gives me crap about input and output sample rates not matching, but when I go to audio control panel, they are set the same (24bit 41400)

BigRigSteve

Try downloading ASIO4All as a driver and see if that fixes it.
i reinstalled that... now it activates mic, but input is solid noise... (still works in Amplitube) BTW, I have to us windows sound when in S1, not ASIO

D. R. Miller

Good News Blues
41400 doesn't sound like a correct sampling rate, I think it should be more on the lines for 44K, the old SB cards used 48K.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
i reinstalled that... now it activates mic, but input is solid noise... (still works in Amplitube) BTW, I have to us windows sound when in S1, not ASIO

Something's wrong, then. Studio One supports ASIO natively. Windows sound is just a crutch. Both my Eleven Rack and Presonus Studio Live Mixer hook up with the ASIO drivers.
You should be able to go into Studio One > Options > Audio Setup and see the ASIO driver.
I checked in both Studio One V3 and V4. The selection process is identical on both versions.

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
trying to use with iRig Pro I/O for interface (which works with Amplitude). S! will NOT activate iRig microphone. Gives me crap about input and output sample rates not matching, but when I go to audio control panel, they are set the same (24bit 41400)
Win Doze sometimes holds your interface hostage with the sample rate that is set by your ‘puter.

De activate your win doze default sound card. See if that helps. I’ve often had to do that on my win doze machine. Never has been an issue with my Granny Smith machine.

Anyway, that’s the first place to look when sample rate issue errors are thrown.