Studio One Studio One - Four Hotkeys You might need.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hmmm, Two things
1) I just discovered that I need a new keyboard!! My F keys don't seem to work, so I reassigned F1 to Ctrl/1.
2) My newly assigned Ctrl/1 not brings up the manual! Unfortunately it doesn't bring it up in the right place. For instance, hovering over the Metronome takes me to the "Song" section in the manual while hovering over Effects in the browse panel takes me to "Introduction" in the manual.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Good to know, thanks!

Two of my favorite hotkeys are E (Zoom In) and W (Zoom Out). Probably not obscure enough for a video, though.

Elwood

Blues
If anyone is trying to print @CaptainMoto 's list above I was having a devil of a time, and then (at least on my Win 10 platform) I figured out to-
-right click on the shaded table with the commands
-select "open image in new tab"
-now, cntrl-P or however you issue your print command will work, viola!

The @PapaRaptor list from S1 is way more expansive, but that short list Moto put up looks like some more commonly used commands, thanks for both guys!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Elwood

Blues
If you are using the shortcut list from @CaptainMoto :thumbup:, with Win10-
for "Group Selected Tracks" <CNTRL> G gets you the "group" command.
If you use the cloverleaf command key with G it tries to do something with x-box or social media, yuck and yuck!
I do like, and am using the shortcut list! :thumbup: (I am not nagging, this thing is useful, just trying to share what I found in case it helps)

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
If you use the cloverleaf command key with G it tries to do something with x-box or social media, yuck and yuck!
Actually, that is a handy little widget built in to Win10.

The Performance widget is a mini Task Manager. With just the Windows +G keys, you can bring up immediate information about your CPU usage, memory usage, video memory usage, Graphics processor (GPU) usage.

The Audio widget is basically the same thing you get with the speaker icon in the lower right corner of the taskbar, letting you adjust overall volume and windows sounds levels, as well as any mic you may be using for outbound audio.

The Capture widget gives you a pop up to take a screen shot of your active application window and store it in your Users/Username/Videos/Capture folder and a .PNG file. If you're in an X-Box LIve game, it will also video and possibly audio of your gameplay. The video option is grayed out any time you're not in an X-Box game, but the screen shot still frame option is still valid. I've used it a lot.

It was built as part of the X-Box live kit, but it can be useful even if you never set foot in X-Box land. The social media reference is regarding social media within the X-Box Live community.

Any time you see shortcut keys using <Command> you can assume the list is for Mac. In most applications (but not all) the <CTRL> key in Windows is a direct substitute.

Elwood

Blues
That's great! I'm afraid that my limited patience causes me to leave a screen as soon as it is not doing what I expected. I should take time to look around before I exit. That resources widget might come in handy also. Thanks!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Good to know, thanks!
Two of my favorite hotkeys are E (Zoom In) and W (Zoom Out). Probably not obscure enough for a video, though.

(CTRL=PC, CMD=Mac)
I was just rereading this today. @dvs, if you have a pointing device with a scroll wheel you might want to add these to your bag of tricks.
CTRL/CMD+Shift+<Scroll Wheel Up) = Zoom In
CTRL/CMD+Shift+<Scroll Wheel down = Zoom Out

You can also zoom vertically without using the Shift key, (CTRL/CMD+<Scroll Up> = larger, CTRL/CMD+<Scroll Down> = smaller)

Zoom always anchors where your pointer is located.