Studio One Studio One - Extending a Jam Track

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
@MikeS suggested that a video on extending a jam track might be a good thing. Just as a note, this process is pretty much the same regardless of which DAW software you may have. Only the commands have been changed to protect the innocent. This is how I do it. It is not the only method which can be used, but I have found it to be the quickest way for me to stretch out a jam track.

https://youtu.be/KJ9_w65HZrs

If you would like to hear the complete resulting jam track, you can find it here:
https://fuzzypinkstrap.com/VJR/2020/clean/Let Your Hair Down Ab-Mixdown.mp3

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Nice job Papa.
First we 've got Griff telling us to count, now we got you telling us to do math:eek:
Thank God, You're helping.
(y)

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Nice job Papa.
First we 've got Griff telling us to count now we got you telling us to do math:eek:
Thank God, You're helping.
(y)
Thank1
Finding the tempo was always a stretch for me (I didn't share my original quest for the proper tempo or the video would have been another 5 minutes long). Adding math to the matter just escalates the frustration!

Whatever happened to just picking up the guitar and playing? :D

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Exactly what I needed! Thanks Lloyd.
Finding the BPM and aligning the track has been the piece that I was missing.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Nice video papa! Good voiceover voice! You could do those movie trailers!
I was always curious how you go about extending tracks...cool! I have a new appreciation for all the work you jam track providers do to let us play and jam! Thanks!

Elwood

Blues
Nice Papa! (y) Both this and the update you posted are very helpful. :thumbup::thumbup: Thank You!!! :Beer:

You probably figure that I have found a way to do this.
My way must be better because it has way more steps. :confused: It's so special I think I have been doing it a little different each time.:eek:

Seriously, I have been fretting over the "seams" way too much. You really sail right through that! Again, watching you work, moving through these steps, that helps as much as learning the specific topic you are on. There are tons of little technique things, selecting pointers, etc., that you just do - that are pretty cool for el newby to see. :Beer:

RayStewart

Still trying after all this time
Nice one Papa,
I'm going to try this in the program Logic Pro X as I don't have Studio One. Setting the temp will probably be the problem as working with Temps in Logic is not intuitive.
Great advice & presentation, wish me luck!
Ray
:) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: