Studio One Studio One Dot Release 5.2

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Well, this is what I've been waiting for. Had I known this was coming, I wouldn't have bought a copy of Notion Score Editing software. Studio One 5.2 Pro now has the ability to write tab in addition to standard notation! Sorry, I checked and the Score editor doesn't appear to be in S1 Artist.
The video explaining it is here: https://youtu.be/AvxS3RdXHFc

For a detailed look at the other new functions/features included in 5.2, you can check out the Presonus Playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZyOjLj7Q78&list=PLnQ-ztvjHMir9V5ghydKNYn_WITBTX4iy

If you already have Version 5.0 or 5.1 this update will be offered the next time you open Studio One.

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Looking forward to being able to collaborate using the Sphere workspace option as well. Some useful features in this release.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Interesting but, for they way I use it, not worth $15 per month and Def not worth $300 to me.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Interesting but, for they way I use it, not worth $15 per month and Def not worth $300 to me.
I agree. Like anything else, you weigh what you use it for vs. what it costs and see how it shakes out. When I bought in to S1 Pro, it was during a sale and I paid about half the going rate for it.
I have to scratch my head really hard about Sphere and the $15 a month. I've been doing some back and forth with other Studio One Users and wouldn't be adverse to having Sphere for collaboration if there was a core interest among BGU members. Last night, I watched a livestream with a real-time demonstration of the Collaboration tools and it was mind-blowing to see how quick and easy Presonus has made collaboration, using Sphere. I wasn't terribly interested in it until I saw that. At this point I just have to figure out how much I would really use it, especially since I already have licenses for Studio One Pro and Notion.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I agree. Like anything else, you weigh what you use it for vs. what it costs and see how it shakes out. When I bought in to S1 Pro, it was during a sale and I paid about half the going rate for it.
I have to scratch my head really hard about Sphere and the $15 a month. I've been doing some back and forth with other Studio One Users and wouldn't be adverse to having Sphere for collaboration if there was a core interest among BGU members. Last night, I watched a livestream with a real-time demonstration of the Collaboration tools and it was mind-blowing to see how quick and easy Presonus has made collaboration, using Sphere. I wasn't terribly interested in it until I saw that. At this point I just have to figure out how much I would really use it, especially since I already have licenses for Studio One Pro and Notion.
I'll have to check out the videos. Collaboration isn't very difficult now. I'm unsure i want to consider Sphere, having plenty of purchased options, but maybe these videos can change my mind.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I'll have to check out the videos. Collaboration isn't very difficult now. I'm unsure i want to consider Sphere, having plenty of purchased options, but maybe these videos can change my mind.
The livestream that lit me up is done by an independent user who does training. Here's his livestream from last night going over the Sphere collaboration. The good part starts at around 36 minutes.
https://youtu.be/mtJfs9Ixrec?t=2171

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Papa's post led me to click the "check for updates" menu on my S1 Prime, and yep, I got an update. Not too sure what it gave me, but I'm just happy to keep it up to date, and still $0.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I watched a couple tutorials on 5.2, I see a few interesting nuggets.
I ran into technical difficulties running the update.
I'll try again today.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I watched a couple tutorials on 5.2, I see a few interesting nuggets.
I ran into technical difficulties running the update.
I'll try again today.
Just FYI, there have been some issues on Windows machines that the update process from within Studio One has failed, sometimes repeatedly. If that's what you're experiencing, Log in to your Presonus account and download the Installer from there and run it. That seems to have solved problems for everyone who has reported it.

I feel kind of like a piker. The process within Studio One worked first time I tried it within a few minutes of the official release time.

I haven't had much time to play with the update. The music room is in total disarray as I'm in process of mounting all my monitors on the wall and relocating my computer desk. Getting everything rearranged is a bit like working Rubik's cube.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Just FYI, there have been some issues on Windows machines that the update process from within Studio One has failed, sometimes repeatedly. If that's what you're experiencing, Log in to your Presonus account and download the Installer from there and run it. That seems to have solved problems for everyone who has reported it.

I feel kind of like a piker. The process within Studio One worked first time I tried it within a few minutes of the official release time.

I haven't had much time to play with the update. The music room is in total disarray as I'm in process of mounting all my monitors on the wall and relocating my computer desk. Getting everything rearranged is a bit like working Rubik's cube.
Thanks, I'll give that a go later today(y)

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Haven't watched the video yet, but upgraded without problem on win10. Didn't notice anything new, but I did more guitar playing than any recording or mixing work.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
OK,
Followed Papa's instructions...........no luck.
Next I get a windows update.
Do that.
Go back to the original S1 update...........voilà, it worked!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
OK,
Followed Papa's instructions...........no luck.
Next I get a windows update.
Do that.
Go back to the original S1 update...........voilà, it worked!

I always forget about mentioning Windows Update. It's one thing I tend to be pretty religious about doing.

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
The music room is in total disarray as I'm in process of mounting all my monitors on the wall and relocating my computer desk. Getting everything rearranged is a bit like working Rubik's cube.

Oh, s**t Papa, you just dived down the tunnel of doom didn't you? All of the monitor cables are now WAAAAY too long, or an inch not long enough; the power cables don't reach and you can't find the extensions that you know are hiding somewhere. And you need a couple of meters of cable management conduit to run across the floor. Oh, yeah, and the Mrs is asking whether you ran the sweeper in that corner before you moved the desk (no, I didn't, and now I've gotta move the bloody thing back out again, just because she's right [always]).

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Papa,
Just paid attention to the detail in your post about mounting monitors on the wall.
I have one comment:
Everything I've learned about that says, don't do that.
Keep them away from the wall.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Papa,
Just paid attention to the detail in your post about mounting monitors on the wall.
I have one comment:
Everything I've learned about that says, don't do that.
Keep them away from the wall.
Think LCD screens, not speakers.