Studio One Studio One Adding Tracks

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I'm trying to do an A/B/C between my 11R, Nace Pro 18 and my Quilter Pro Block 200.
I set up S1 as I always do for recording VJR. One channel for the track and One for the guitar. (11R)
I then added a track for the Nace and one for the Quilter.
I recorded the intro to Thrill 3 times each to a different track. They all show "levels" in the output area, but nothing comes out of the speakers on the two additional tracks when I mute the backing and the 11r tracks.
I seem to be missing a link to the output side somewhere.
I KNOW it's something VERY basic that I'm missing. It happens in both S1 & Audacity.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
The answer depends a lot on how you're getting "in" to Studio One and how you're getting "out."
Since I know what gear you have for recording...

1. Are you using the Eleven Rack or your Studio Live as your audio interface when you record the 11r?
2. Are you using a mic or the direct out when you record the Nace? If it's a mic, which interface?
3. Same question for the ProBlock200.

Here's the real money question. Which device are you using for playback (Studio Live or 11r)? Whichever one you are using, all of the individual channel outputs need to be the same.
MixForForum.jpg
If you changed your audio device while recording, they may not all be routed. For example, if you recorded the Eleven Rack using the 11r as interface and changed to the Studio LIve to record the Quilter and Nace, they may not all be properly routed.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
It's amazing how similar the three different sources sound. I like the tone you're getting out of all three. Much brighter than what we were talking about offline.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
It's amazing how similar the three different sources sound. I like the tone you're getting out of all three. Much brighter than what we were talking about offline.

Ok, so it's not just MY ears.
Yeah, I tried to follow your suggestions about less bass and mids with more treble.